Safe & Sound

(Here is a touchy topic that I know many will not want to read and that's completely okay, please don't read something that's going to make YOU sad😊)

TVs POV

Dave called me the day after I freaked out...he asked me if we could talk about what happened. I didn't really wanna talk about it, this was something I'd never told anyone but a nurse before, but I guess it was finally time to share my deepest darkest secret with someone in my life. So, I invited him over while my uncle was at work and Dave would be here any moment.

Dave's POV

I arrived at the place TV lived, it was a nice house but smaller than I expected for the Job her uncle had. "Hi Dave...come inside I'll get you a soda." She smiled softly, but I could tell she was sad in her speaking. "Thank you." I smiled back and sat and the kitchen table where she sat down the soda pop.

"Listen Tv...im really sorry about what happened yesterday I didn't mean to -...." She cut me off. "Dave...don't talk just listen to me..." she took a deep breath and began her story.

TV's POV

He started to talk...I loved his voice but if he kept talking I'd never be able to say what I needed to. "Dave, don't talk just listen to me..." I took a deep breath. "You think I'm out here in California to help you and the band as a favor for my uncle, right? Well part of that is true. Im in California to help the band in whatever it needs In all aspects, but my uncle put me to work here to distract me from my pain and to help me make some friends. And I'd like to think I have made you all as friends, but do you know why really came to California, David?" I began to tremble as I looked at him.

Dave shook his head. "I was raped." I squeezed his hand. "On high school graduation night by someone I was going to marry. I was a virgin before that night and he got mad since I wouldn't have sex with him yet...because I didn't feel ready. He told me I owed him since he had put up with me for 5 years and was letting me move in with him. I loved him up until that night, but the way he kept grabbing as I kept screaming....I'll never love again." I started to cry at this part. 

"So you see Dave...I didn't get mad at you yesterday. I got scared...being alone with a guy and heavy flitting...I was scared it was all gonna happen again. We didn't even make it from backstage of the graduation hall before he grabbed me...I'm still scared of a lot of things. I hope we're still friends Dave...and I hope you understand." More tears fell as I had just told the words no one else knew. And when Dave hugged me moments after I told him this hell...it was the first time I felt safe in a long long time.

Dave's POV

I listened to her as my heart broke for the sweet girl. The tears spilled from her eyes and I felt terrible for triggering her the other day. TV was such a sweet kid who was someone I call my friend, I couldn't believe someone would do such a thing to her...to anyone.

"TV....I'm so sorry, I'm so so so sorry!" I gave her a hug and she clung to me tightly as she sobbed. I just caressed her hair softly and let her cry it all out.I at this point was teary too.... I felt horrible because I cared so much about her, but couldn't do anything to save her from that night ....but I could now.

This wasn't something I was going to tell the band or a single soul about...this was a moment a true friend needed someone to care about them. And the truth was...I only gave TV such a hard time because of how deeply I've grown to care about her. I just want to keep her safe and sound...