forty-nine

Radhi POV

We got home after our pleasure filled honeymoon. It was so much fun and I had the time of my life.

Kabeer decided to buy the place since I liked it, even though I yelled at him not to spend so much.

"Have you talked to Anu? It's been a while since I heard about her." Kabeer asked while laying on my stomach. He always finds weird places to lay on.

I closed my book and looked at him. He looked at me back, waiting for an answer.

"She haven't talked to me since the accident. Maybe she's mad about pressing charges on Bala. I don't know." I shrugged.

Not that I don't care ,but I did try calling her a few times but she didn't pickup.

Due to the accident, we missed Amy's wedding and Sakshi gave birth to a baby girl.

We visited Sakshi and Darshan, I never seen Kabeer with kids and I can gladly say that he is as awkward as I am.

It was so funny watching him looking at the baby as if it was an alien.

"She's your friend. You should talk to her." Kabeer said, breaking me from my thoughts.

"You're hot."

"Thank you for noticing that ,Radhi and don't change the topic-." I rolled my eyes and put the back of my palm on his forehead.

"I mean you're burning up. You're having a fever, Kabeer." I said pushing his head over and standing up, looking for a towel.

"So, I'm triple hot? But I do feel a little tired." He said grinning at me. I shook my head at him.

I threw him an extra blanket and a pair of socks.

He looked at me weirdly while I threw random stuff at him.

"You will be getting extra cold, so you better wrap yourself up." I dipped the towel in the water and put it on his forehead.

"Ah, you're doing it like mum. You know, I'm going to be extra clingy on you. I once didn't let my mom go anywhere for a whole week." He said proudly.

I chuckled looking at his face.

"I don't mind at all as long as you get better. I'll be right back." I said kissing his cheek.

I heard him sneezing horribly and groaning how his nose hurts. I chuckled on how dramatic he is.

I was making an indian herbal tea, my mom use to make it whenever anyone had a fever.

I miss her sometimes but I can't get the image of her grinning when she got the money from Kabeer.

They never did disturb us after that.

I was startled when Kabeer sneezed again. I brought the tea upstairs, saw the poor guy wiping his nose and groaning.

I forced him to drink the tea, shoving a paracetamol inside his mouth and changed the towel.

He slowly dozed off with his mouth open.

He's such a baby.

I sat at our sofa, watching his temperature. I continued reading my book. He slept for an hour or so.

"Jaan? I need you." He called sleepily, waving his arms around. I chuckled looking at him.

I wonder how Amma felt, taking care of this big baby.

I closed my book, climbing on the bed and I touched his forehead again, flipping the towel. He automatically laid his head on my chest, sprawling over me.

He was definitely hot but not as earlier. I lightly massaged his head, knowing that he must have a headache.

For a moment, I thought about how my life changed drastically.

I went from not trusting any guy, to putting my whole life to this one man whom is now on my chest.

Loving him wholeheartedly, without being unable to live without him.

Life changes in a way you'll never expect.

He kept whimpering in his sleep and I had to pat him to sleep. He slept for a few hours and I wiggled out of his grip, making porridge for him.

I was stirring the porridge when a pair of arms sneaked around my waist.

"What are you doing out of bed?" I asked turning around. He didn't look as horrible as before but still warm.

"I couldn't sleep without you and I wanna watch tv." He pouted and I nodded looking at him.

I dragged him to the living room, making him sit with a blanket around him.

I was feeding him porridge and suddenly the door bell buzzed. Both of us looked at each other. Raising our eyebrows.

"It's not always a good sign." I mumbled and stood up, opening the door. Kabeer was high on alert, expecting the worst.

Because when I open that door, it's not always good.