forty-one

Kabeer POV

We walked back to the house and my parents decided to meet their friends along the way.

"We will be home late, you guys enjoy yourselves." Appa said wiggling his eyebrows playfully and I rolled my eyes at his playfulness.

This is how my parents been since the day I told them I feel neglected when they were working.

They've changed themselves completely and paid attention to me.

My dad is my best friend and so is my mum. I can tell them anything and I'm so happy they aren't like any typical Indian parents.

I sometimes pity Radhi for being disappointed and have her whole emotions crushed by her family.

When she told me about the teddy bear, I was furious.

How can they reject something so simple and she even paid for the whole wedding by herself. Not even once she said anything about it.

She wouldn't say anything until asked and tries her best to protect her family's name but they never tried protecting her.

I get so mad sometimes. How is something so basic and simple being neglected plainly.

She was sleeping, tired from our tour around the town. I stared at her, thinking how she's been happy and vibrant this past 2 days with my parents.

My parents can't let her go and she's very close to my dad. I noticed how awkward she was with her dad on the day they agreed to our engagement.

"Kabeer? Can you take off my shirt, it's hot." She mumbled sleepily and put her arms up. I smiled and pulled off her shirt slowly.

She went back to sleep pulling the sheets over her head.

I shook my head, smiling at her cuteness.

I know I can be clingy sometimes, well most of the times I am, but she shows she needs someone to take care of her without showing it entirely.

She likes small gestures, private moments and really likes to stay in. She doesn't like to go out that much unless for groceries or the girls nagging at her.

She even decorated a little around the house. Small simple touches.

I didn't know how long I was staring at her until she suddenly sat up, stretching her body.

"We should get a coffee machine. I want the thing with coffee capsules. Seems cool." She mumbles with her eyes closed.

"Okay, we'll get one." That's the first time she ever asked something from me, so we're definitely getting one.

She stumbles her way to me, sits on my lap with her legs over the arm rest, her skirt flowing down and her head nuzzling on my chest with her arms clinging around my torso.

So freaking cute.

I put my arm at her back, gently holding her so she won't fall back.

"And a stand mixer. We can bake together." She mumbled again and I smiled, gently stroking her hair.

"Okay, we'll get everything you want." She nodded with her eyes closed.

My parents came back with a bunch of stuffs they bought for Radhi. She awkwardly looked at everything and glanced at me.

"You didn't need to buy this much stuffs but thank you, I really like it." She said grinning at them. My dad waved his hand.