Bleeder one

Mo ran

"wake up Mo boy, it's your first day at new place, hellooooo" Mo Ran, woke up feeling so dizzy. "What did she just said, wait, oh it's today". 

He barely recollected last night, he went out with his pals, had some booze, had some chit chats with some girls. Simply that's all, how he came home is a mystery to him. He just wanted to go against his manipulative mother, by going out just before the big day.

After his internship , he managed to grab a spot in the prestigious Tianjin National Hospital. Of course the selection exams and the interviews almost killed him with competitiveness. 

He loved the pressure, the competitiveness and the struggles. If he is ever to become a surgeon with skills, that was the place he needed to be.

"oh damn, I am expected to be reporting to duty in 30 minutes" he sprinted out of the bed and dashed to the bathroom, pushing away his mother at the door.

"What the....." was all he could mutter when he saw his neck while washing, "no,no,no, this is not the impression I need for the first day" he mentally screamed. No, those love bites will not be covered completely by his shirt collar.

In ten minutes, he dressed up, dodged his mother and hit the road.

"ok ten minutes, I need a parking slot at one go" he thought as he turned left according to the sign at hospital staff car park.

"Not again, what the...... man" Mo Ran started to fume in anger. How could someone simply block the park entrance like exactly NOW. 

He got down from the car, walked to the car which was blocking his way. The driver was out and he was kneeling down at an old lady who was sitting on the ground . Before noticing this Mo Ran's words came out. "hey can you just move your car, I am really really late man, I can't get f*****up on my first day, come on" It was too late when he noticed what the man kneeling infront of the car was doing.

"Oh, shit it's my hangover talking" "I don't know this guy, should be a senior to me"

The person who was with the old lady gazed at Mo Ran for a good two or three minutes, did not utter a single word, got the lady back on her feet and got her into his car and drove off out of the park.

Mo Ran found himself in a trance, for a few minutes. Those eyes, have I seen them somewhere, have I met him? Had he been an examiner at the entrance exam. He could not recall the reason for the familiarity. And that car is gone. Mo Rans road was clear and he was already five minutes late for the first meeting.

In another five minutes, he was sweating infront of the receptionist at the surgical auditorium. "They have already started, the other newcomer is already in, and the prof is in a Mood today" she kept talking.

With an apologizing bow Mo Ran went in, "I will make sure to not to be late today, I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience" As he was bowing he felt someone's whitecoat brushing through his right side. 

"Oh, finally the precise fingers are back" "We were waiting to see you early today" It was professor Du Lei and Mo Ran's apology just went mute.

Mo Ran looked up from the bow and he was sure his heart skipped a beat. "Oh no not him again" 

Mo Ran found his vacant seat and silently sat, while all the other staff were greeting the person who entered after him. Mo ran noted the white coat , It read " Dr Wan Ning C. Consultant Surgeon/ senior lecturer - Tianjin National Hospital"

Wan Ning

It had been two years since he woke up in this apartment. It was a gloomy day in Tianjin. It felt good to be back home, ofcourse he did miss his buddies in UK. 

"So we have the new recruits meeting at 8.30 am, hope you will be there, I am planning to allocate one of them to you as all others hands are full." He recalled his phone call with the Dr Xue Zhen yesterday when he called to inform that he will be coming back to Tianjin. 

"It will be good to be a trainer again rather than a trainee, this knowledge needs to be passed on to correct hands." Unlike the majority of surgeons Wan Ning loved being a trainer to the budding surgeons.

After a coffee and a quick toast he drove to work, "two years, ofcourse changes are there"

Just as he entered the parking lot he saw an old lady, she looked confused and as his car drew near she tripped and fell. He stopped and got down. "Are you ok?" he asked. 

"Yes, I think I mixed up my directions to the clinic building and came to a parking lot," the lady replied. "But did you really trip or did you feel dizzy and fell?" Wan ning asked.
" I came to get my husbands routine drugs as he is unable to come today"

 "I don't have any other illness" 

"But I think you need to get a check up before you leave, come I will take you". It was then a young man came and made a little drama at the scene. Wan Ning tried to recall him, whether he was working there before he left, but that face was not in the list. Still Wan Ning felt as if he had seen those eyes somewhere.

"I know what I am doing, I will just take her to Emergency Department, and this boy needs to learn some manners" He thought to himself and did not bother to spit words against the young fellow.

After finishing up with the old lady Wan Ning rushed to the auditorium, as he opened the door, he saw a young man blocking his way giving bows, the space to pass through was limited but his figure could make it between the wall and the bowing guy.

Then came all the greetings and catch ups for a few minutes, it was good to be home. After talking to all of them, he felt someone looking at him and he looked back in that direction and it was him, AGAIN. The bad tempered young man.

Mo Ran

The meeting went for an hour, the usual guidance, rules and regulations for the newcomers.  Then came the most important part, announcing the mentors, my colleague Shi Mei got Dr Su Chang as her Mentor. 

"Dr Fen Mo Ran's mentor is Dr Chu Wan Ning" said the professor.

"Ok, My whole career is doomed in that cold guys hands" cried out Mo Rans brain.   

Wan Ning

"Dr Fen Mo Ran's mentor is Dr Chu Wan Ning" he heard it, "So i came to serve my country and pass on the knowledge and the he chose me, the most ill tempered person in the hospital.

A/n

Let the battle begin....