Bleeder Sixteen

Wanning
"No matter how much I try to deny, my heart says otherwise. Mo ran, do you know that I was insane while you were fighting for life. Just don't leave me, your presence has changed me, given me a new perspective. I can't survive without you. No matter how hard I try, I just want to grab your hand and feel you breath on me. I want to taste your lips, and find your depths till eternity , just be with me. Don't leave"
Wanning tried to hold Mo rans hand tight, to reach his face, but no matter how tightly he grabbed, he could not grasp Mo ran.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Wanning woke up with a shock. He was sweating , he had fallen asleep in front of his lap top. He rubbed his eyes. He had just tried to check the contents of the pen drive given to him by Mo ran, while going through the files, he had fallen a sleep.
It was all a dream but Wanning felt so overwhelmed by the fact that he had finally found courage to confess atleast in a dream. "I will tell you everything when you wake up" thought Wanning.
He went through some of the files in the pen drive. They had details and addresses of people , and the data was titled as kidney retrival. The data looked incomplete , to retrive a kidney one should obtain ethical and leagal approval but for these people no such thing was mentioned under their names.
It was only then Wanning realized "could this be an organ trafficking crime??"
Then he heard Mo ran's last words
"SAVE THEM" yes, this should be with regard to something illegal.
Wanning tried to analyze the data, but it was difficult . He decided to get support but he needed some help. Also this could be the reason that Mo ran got shot in the first place. Wanning had to be careful also. He had to take revenge but he needed a good approach.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Wanning was one hour late to get to work as he had fallen asleep. He rushed to the ICU where Mo ran was admitted. He was still on breathing support. He looked tired, still like a stone. Wanning got an update from the ICU nurse and he wanted to check the wounds. As she went to fetch the gauze and the bandages Wanning simply couldn't hold back. He held Mo ran's hand and prayed, "fight back, you have to come back to me, I am waiting." as he heard the nurse behind, but it was too late to let go of Mo ran's hand, "Hand is warm, I think the blood supply is fully established " Wanning told the nurse, pretending that he was simply examining Mo ran. After a full check up Wanning left the ICU to attend his other patients.
.
.
.
.
"Dr Wanning , one word please." Wanning stopped half way through the corridor. It was prof Xue.
"Do you have any idea on yesterday's incident ? How did your trainee ended up shot in a alley ? There was another person in the other side. He was already dead by the time he was brought to hospital."
" I have a feeling that your trainees life is at stake here"
"Sir, I have some clues, but I need to confirm them, I will let you know soon. Did the police give you a report on their progress up to now?" Wanning asked.
"They have located an unregistered van, but basically that's all"
Turns up that the dead body is a worker in Nangong , he had been working there for four years, but he was expelled one mean month back. The police detectives are meeting up with Nangong officials today."
So they are on track Wanning thought for himself. If police rush this, will it affect Mo ran, Wanning felt his heart race up.
Prof Xue talked again in a low voice "Wanning, could it be they were after you ? And somehow Mo ran ended up in your place. I didn't mean to offend you, but I think you have to be very cautious too"
It hadn't crossed Wanning's mind till then, after his attack to Nangong , he was threatened by the CEO in person. Wanning felt his heart smashing in to pieces , he felt like he was loosing balance.
"Wanning, are you ok, I just mentioned the possibility , don't blame yourself for getting your trainee injured."
"Trainee, no he is not just a trainee, he is my life, he only had to bleed to almost death to make me realize that" Wanning wished he could scream these words but he simply couldn't.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hours passed really slow and Wanning decided to stay at the ICU on that day , just to keep an eye on everything and he feared to leave Mo ran alone. As he was recovering , it was planned to get him out of artificial ventilation on the next day.
Wanning sat on a chair trying to keep his eyes open as it was almost mid night. The beeps of the machines keeping him company.
Then his mobile buzzed. It was a text message , from an unknown number.

"You will be next, stop meddling with our business"

Now it is obvious , he had to act soon.
He decided to have a chat with detective Jaing Yuelou as mentioned by prof Xue, to speed up things a bit. Once Mo ran is out of the machines and fit enough to talk, police will anyway come for evidance but before they come and stress out Mo ran, Wanning decided had to give a heads up to the detectives.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Morning came slow, Wanning was drained but he had to be there.
.
.
.
Finally it was time to wean off sedation and check if Mo ran was breathing by himself. As soon as the effect of sedatives are gone, moran moved his legs and slowly started to breath against the machine so, ICU doctors decided to take the breathing tube out (Endo tracheal tube).
.
.
.
.
.
Mo ran
It was like a nightmare , he was holding me, when I was in the bed, and it was all dark. Am I dead or alive.
No I can't die without seeing him....