Chapter 17

<<As fun as that sounds, human, I would not recommend it based on the cargo that we have aboard.>>

A digital voice sounded in the bridge that made Oso drop the cheerful snarl on his lips, glancing away briefly before his dark eyes looked towards the battleship signature ahead of us.

"And you are...?" I prompted for a name, or for some kind of label that the new voice went by.

<<I believe that Oso had already introduced me.>>

"You're the second Mental Model on the Tirpitz," My voice softened at the disapproving tone of the newcomer, "I'm sorry that I didn't introduce myself earlier. Thank you for allowing me to board."

<<The cargo onboard would more than likely suffer more injuries if we were to suddenly stop from full speed.>> The digital voice reiterated while ignoring my apology, the tone somehow sounding more upset than anything else.

"You're right," I took in a breath and nodded, unsure of where the voice was coming from but playing it safe that it was the ship itself talking to me, "If you're fully aware of the situation, then would you have a solution?"

"Captain, we may not get a choice in the matter," Oso called out as he moved onto the bridge walkway, leaning against the railing and completely turning away from me, "My partner is right. Ramming is the fun solution, but the people on board wouldn't survive the event intact. I can create armor, not cushioning."

I remained silent before taking in a short breath, "Choro."

"Captain," The dark green audio channel reformed next to me.

"Scan the ocean floor ahead of the fleet, targeting the area where you're picking up the battleship signal."

"Acknowledged, captain."

Oso grumbled something under his breath before his focus was drawn to the open water on our right.

"On secondary passes, I can confirm that the battleship signal is true," Choro responded almost immediately after, "However, the signal seems to be incomplete."

"Captain, brace yourself!" Oso shouted, the ferocity of his voice snapping my attention to him and then to where he was looking, my fingers clenching onto the sonar console as the entire bridge lit up with a red light.

The capital battleship lurched backwards as the ocean parted underneath its stern, the waters forced aside by thousands of rainbow-colored energy hexagons that curled inwards like a cradle as the escort fleet behind the Tirpitz was somehow suspended in the air. The cradle widened a little more as it exposed the submerged Fog submarine along with the eleven American Defense warships, my eyes widening in fear as I rushed to the rear of the bridge.

The Tirpitz revved its engines as high as it could, the blast pushing some of the warships backwards or knocking them out of formation only slightly, but whatever was holding them there remained steadfast. My throat tightened when I saw the familiar hexagonal plates cascade over Choro's hull, the dark green color blazing to life and revealing the lighter green patterns along his sides.

"Choro, get out of there!" I screamed out as a swirling hellish red energy gathered from open water, originating where the cradle started several miles out at sea.

"Captain, he can't!" Oso shouted back in frustration, gritting his teeth as his eyes burned with a red fury while moving outside the bridge. Five rings of red energy spiraled out from him, quickly expanding and swelling in size and multitude as seven more rings joined the first five and grew out to encompass the entirety of the Tirpitz.