Chapter 30

U-2511 remained silent the entire time while Todo maintained communication with the others through their network. The plan was to have the other five warships maneuver between the Faroe Islands and Norway without notifying either the Norwegian Fleet or the Scapa Flow Fleet of their movements, leaving the solo submarine to blitz at full speed west-southwest to Haakonsvern until we entered human radar range. The sudden deceleration at their radar edge shouldn't draw any attention, and would give us some freedom to maneuver into Norway's southwestern fjords before Todo and I embark to shore.

The goal was to settle on the bottom of the southern shores of Haakonsvern, but with the military base only seven-hundred feet from that point, it was a risky maneuver to arrive and leave without arousing suspicion.

I swallowed harshly as the wheelchair underneath me groaned a little with the shift in momentum around us, the submarine spearing forward as it dove into the deep underwater canyons.

"Captain," Todo had positioned himself on the ground next to my wheelchair, his left arm resting on top of the right wheel, "Both Kara and Oso confirm their course. Choro estimates that we have five hours before the next picket run from the Scapa Flow."

"Any updates from the Scarlet Fleet's position?"

"No," He shook his head gently, leaning a little more on the wheelchair before straightening up, "The Network has been quiet in regards to movement from other Fleets."

U-2511's eyes lit up in his color as he glanced over his shoulder at us, Todo's eyes picking up the glow before his lips pressed into a thin line. The soft clicking between the two confirmed their communication.

Before long, the submarine's face twisted into a disgusted expression, his glowing gaze sweeping towards me, "We're picking up human communications that appear to be broadcasting on a loop."

With a flex of his index finger, a white screen appeared in front of me and an audio track began to play. The language was foreign, Todo taking over and translating the words through some kind of filter.

<<--hose that wish to dock, we will deny any and all access. Find safe port somewhere else. All Norwegian ports are considered closed from this moment forward. To those that wish to dock-->> The message kept repeating itself, the robotic words droning on as U-2511 closed the screen.

"How far out are we from the port?"

The Mental Model's eye twitched in annoyance a little, a sonar screen opening as his response. The shoreline of Norway was visible on radar, our chosen path clear of any enemy signals as U-2511's icon ticked forwards towards our destination.

"Are you able to find out when that transmission was first played?" I looked towards both Fog models, neither of them showing any reaction to the request.

"No, captain," Todo denied with a soft sigh, "What is your plan?"

"...I think we should keep going. Grab what supplies I need and continue into the Arctic Circle to speak with Sadko," I stifled a shiver as my arms folded over my chest, "Our current mission is the same: find a friendly port that is willing to restock both of our needs when we dock. We'll be more hard pressed to find one, but this needs to happen."

"Her last reported position was heading southward, citing thick sea ice and recommending Fog to reinforce their hulls should they need to travel without her assistance. Her turning point is due north by two hours," U-2511 spoke quietly, his gaze locked onto Todo, "If we want to catch up with her, I can only spare forty-five minutes resting here."

My brow furrowed with slight frustration. That wasn't nearly long enough to grab everything I needed, but we were desperate for her potential assistance.