Burnt eggs on toast

My alarms constant persistance successfully threw me off the course of my dream. I awoke; the sun slightly peaking through my partly closed curtains. Sleep still stained my eyes, as i lazily rubbed them attempting to waken myself.

I lifted my head, to fast for my liking. My eyes began to focus on my surroundings, the alarm still eluding it's constant noise. I turned it off, and simalltaiously reached for my phone.
The blare of the screen temporarily made me squint, the time read "7:34am". I got up, throwing my covers onto the furthest side of my bed, not attempting to make it look remotely neat.
Heading to the bathroom, I muttered the plan for the day ahead.
The day.
the first day.

a hot flush consume my skin. my thoughts rendered clearer as I stood still, trying to contain my nerves.
"The first day". It had never once before dawned on me, but for the first time, it made me nervous.
Though I tried to preclude the thought, it remained, tugging at my brain anytime I tried to think of something else.
I continued my routine for the morning, though with more care than usual, making sure my hair was more presentable than it usually was, and my breath less...morning like.

The buzz of my phone brought me back to reality; my hands releasing its grip against the edge of the sink and my face immediately waking up from the water I splashed upon it.
Checking my phone, it was my dad.
"Have a good day at school, miss you."
No more, no less.

Walking downstairs, the smell of toast protruded against my nostrils.
A comforting smell. One that reminded me of my life before.

Though my mum attempted to make breakfast each morning, her efforts slowly became visible to be stressful for her.
Basic mistakes such as using a spoon instead of a knife to spread butter, or over burning the eggs due to neglect from sorting herself out for work.

"Breakfast is ready, if your up for burnt eggs on toast" she spoke, a dryness in her throat, her eyes red and dark from lack of sleep.

Though she chuckled at her joke, i could tell she was struggling.
"Thanks" the sorrow in my voice could almost be heard.

Silence malnourished the atmosphere around us, only the clinking of plates could be heard, as i washed up and ran upstairs to change.

Though not many schools allowed it, we didn't have to wear uniform. It was one of the few reasons we decided to stay here, as money was scares, and a uniform was...expensive.

I decided to wear baggy blue jeans, a black belt, a black-grey shirt with a weird Skelton body on it and a grey zipped sweater over the top.
I also wore a few bracelets, a necklace my mum had given me a few years back, some rings, and docs I had gotten for Christmas.

I sat down against the edge of my bed, trying to constrain the constantness of my pessimistic instincts.
Though, as soon as I was able to remotely contain my thoughts, my mum was ready for work, thus, I was ready for school, and so were my nerves, as they crept upon me once more, pertruding me back to my original state.