chapter two

A couple weeks later, James rode his skateboard down the street. He was lost in thought about Y/n, and about everything. He felt so guilty about everything, about what he did. He never thought that would even happen, what he and Lily did.

After everything, he broke it off with Lily. Stopped talking to her completely, and ignoring her. Even when she tried to desperately talk to him, begging to talk with him. But nothing.

Suddenly he stopped and looked up, he had then realized he had stopped in front of Y/n's house. It felt like the air had been punched out of his lungs, and a wave of sadness washed over him.

Y/n, one time I was riding on my skateboard
When I passed your house
It's like I couldn't breathe

James quickly began skating away again, not wanting to be near the house anymore. He couldn't take it. He was already so mad, mad at himself for what he did.

'I need to make it up to her.' James thought, 'Maybe she'll forgive me......I hope'

The only thing I wanna do
Is make it up to you

♫︎

Weeks continued to go on, and Y/n didn't speak to Lily or James. She hardly looked at either of them. Lily kept trying to talk to Y/n and apologize, but James gave her space. Lily and James hadn't been seen together, and wouldn't talk to each other.

Y/n only hung out with Alice and Mary. She was sometimes seen with Sirius Black, who was James's bestfriend, but Y/n's brother figure. Which made things between James and Sirius, very, very awkward and tense.

"You ever going to forgive James?" Alice asked one day while the three girls were at lunch.

The h/c haired girl shrugged as she messed with her food, "Dunno." She mumbled. She sighed and fixed her cardigan, "I-he was always there when I was at my lowest, when I felt all forgotten."

And when I felt like I was an old cardigan
Under someone's bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite

"He made me feel loved, and helped me feel seen and shit." Y/n ranted, "I-i loved him, and he betrayed me."

"Y/n, you don't have to talk about it anymore." Mary said frowning at her friends sad face.

Y/n shrugged "I dunno, I thought I knew him." She said "We made so many great memories." She continued, "I used to feel like I knew everything about him"

"Oh Y/n." Mary said sympathetically, placing her hand on her heart.

"Let's talk about something else." Alice said, "Something happier, I don't like seeing you like this Y/n/n." She said reaching over to squeeze her hand.

Y/n sighed "Okay, lets talk about something else." She said.

♫︎

Y/n, I know where it all went wrong

Back in their Junior year of high school, a dance was thrown. By now Y/n and James had began dating, and were very happy together. They were the talk of the entire school for weeks, when they first started going out.

Y/n looked around the gym, a frown on her face. She couldn't find James anywhere, he had at some point vanished into the crowd of people dancing. The h/n haired girl sighed, and ran her hand through her hair moving it from her face.