V. That's the way life is.

"Holy shit! Really!?" She said, eyes sparkling at the object that she was holding right now. She held it in her hands, a phone, something that she has never touched in ages.

Well it was not really ages, but she was still a bit insistent.

"Well, you are going to stay with us for a while, might as well give you this." Smiley beamed at her as he scratched the back of his neck.

"No, I can't have this."

"You said that too when you asked us to keep you in."

"But it's a phone!" She exclaimed. "It's expensive and has a huge chance of getting broken...! By me!"

"I'm sure you won't do it purposely."

He said, giving a small pat on the shoulder. She sighed and nodded. The sun was beaming on a hot day, it was a bit cold at night in Japan, but boy was it a dessert here sometimes. She didn't told anyone about what happened at night, not to Takemitchy, not to angry, and especially not to smiley. The feint but piercing eyes of Kisaki, from somebody who did not have a single soul beside him back then, he hid it well from someone who felt the same.

She guessed she have never thought of him that way until the last chapter of the Tenjiku. He was cunning, smart, knowledgeable, gazed at the world like they were pawn of his chessboard of black and white. But he was unaware that the world had so many pieces than horses and kings. And at least, then may be, even if its a petty excuse, she couldn't bring him to hell yet. Every human needs... that. Being a human.

Even if they're someone she could never forgive.

"Make sure to call us if you're in any trouble, okay?" Smiley tilted his head in a reassuring manner, a gesture she could see from a big brother.

Her chest fluttered and warmed her heart. She nodded.

"Smiley... Just a short question, nothing important... but why did you agree to let me move in? I'm a stranger, someone who you didn't know until just last last day... I think." She asked.

He smiled.

"To let you also pay the bills, silly!"

"What!? That doesn't make sense." She crossed her arms.

She raised a brow, she knows where this is going.

"Huh?"

"I can't be paying the bills for you guys when I'm already paying for mine." She explained with her pointer finger up.