XX. Tell me what we choose.

They lined everyone up for war

They lined everyone up for war. Takemitchy was at the front lines. The searing heat of the moment made him gulp.

They were just little kids, much too young for the world that they were going to face. What a shame this is the world that god has given them, the war that involves blood, skin to skin, and grief. For what did they earn to salivate their desires? The abyss of the living.

Izana stood amid them all. There were people beside him, which often can be recognized as the other members such as Hanma, Kokonoi, Kakucho.

But most of them were silhouettes, and bags of bodies that have been here. Nothing but sacks and bones that he has seen behind his naked eye.

He turned his head to the waves of people, so many of them who were ready to die before his feet. He could see the others that held boldly on their feet, but obvious to their demeanour that they're prone to hesitation once the plan goes south.

He knows how people are, full of the blood of the snake that tricked Eve. Full of the blood of Eve herself. The one who took the apple of knowledge out of curiosity and hunger for it.

Izana wasn't much of a person who believed in the safety of others. He was that of a dictator, who is arrogant for his own wellbeing. But he had known no sympathy for the waves that washed the fire that he created. The whole fantasy-like city he had built for himself, and the waves loomed over and crushed the dreams that were forever dead to begin with.

And for that cause, his hand glinted of silver when he twitched, slightly cutting his skin and let blood trickle down, being seen now that it is not in the hood of his sleeves.

He could see the glint of silver.

Kisaki wasn't like him. He knew he was like him. Unfortunately not. His blood is filled with Eve's hunger for knowledge and curiosity, but the blood of the snake has been seeped and dried on the cement pavement where his heart cried and howled through the streets.

There is no such thing as salvation.

If life were to give it, every balance would tilt and crumble.

And so he looked into somebody's eyes, familiar and all knowing.

Hinata was the one parallel with him. So determined and filled with the grace that he does not hold.

But that isn't why he was here. He glanced up at her, his eyes shaded by the colour of his lenses.

He wore a superficial grin, but cannot be seen through the mask that he holds. Everything. He did everything for her. Everything he did, he did for them.

Everything he did, he did for...

He took out the box and extended his arm out to her.

She bit her lip as she watched this before her. It was so undeniably strange. Oh, so strange. There was something strange.