Chapter 2: Mount Sagiri

As Tanjiro and Nezuko were going down the Mountain the snow stopped as they were at the bottom of the mountain and the sun started to shine, Tanjiro covered his sister with the Haori as they went to the nearest house possible which was conveniently Old Man Saburo's house and with no other choice he knocks on his door. The door opens with Saburo wondering who could be on his door.

"Tanjiro?, What are you doing her-" He was surprised to see the young man devastated and his sister behind him biting a bamboo "What happened?"

As Tanjiro and Nezuko entered Tanjiro explained everything to Old Man Saburo and Saburo feels pity for the young boy and surprisingly accepts his sister being a demon as he suffered the same fate with his family although He would call Tanjiro lucky to have his sister alive but he knows there are unknown consequences to traveling with a demon of all things.

"I see, What are you going to do now?" Saburo asked him worried

"Well I plan on going to Mount Sagiri, since that's the only place I can seem to go" Tanjiro said as he looked down still scarred

"What about your sister?" He says as he eyed Nezuko who was sleeping right now, "She is a demon now so I must tell you to be careful, Many have lost their lives to Demons and while your sister may be able to hold her hunger for now there is a limit to this Tanjiro" He says this as he pours tea for his guests.

Tanjiro thinks on how anything was going to go after this, Old Man Saburo had a point Nezuko might hit her breaking point at any moment. At any how Old Man Saburo let them stay until night time when they can walk again as they depart And bid each other farewell Old Man Saburo could only think on how those siblings' future will be.

18 hours later.

"Oh the basket? Sure you can have it, though it does have holes" a local farmer said talking to our lovable red haired boy

"It's ok I'll pay" Tanjiro responded confidently!

"No kid, It's alright you can even have the bamboo and straw" The farmer reassured him

"Yes, I'll pay" He responds again with determination in his voice

"You're one stubborn kid!, listen its ok you don't need to.... " The man was cut off as Tanjiro smashed coins onto his hand

"Please accept this even if it's only small change." He said after paying for his free basket

"Thank you very much( arigato gozaimashita) !"

As Tanjiro ran behind him the farmer was holding his own arm as it was injured from Tanjiro's intense gratitude.

At a cave somewhere...

"Nezuko?......Huh Nezuko?, She's Gone!" He says as he looks in a cave he left Nezuko in and then right after he said that Nezuko poke her head out.

"Oh there you are Nezuko........she dug a hole in the tunnel? Did my sister become a mole?" Tanjiro thought as he looked at his sister

"She's even frowning...... She really does want to get away from the sunlight, Hold on Ok Nezuko."

He went and used the supplies he was given to make a basket for Nezuko, "Hopefully she's small enough to fit or the money would go to waste", ( Tanjiro come on you forced the money on him, he was giving it to you for free!)

"Nezuko, Do you think you can fit inside? I wanna keep moving during the day to, Don't worry I'll carry you" As he said that Nezuko just stares. "Uh, Here in Basket, Baaaasket." He said this as he was pointing to the basket itself, It was like Nezuko was a toddler.