𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐.

11🅃🄷🄵🄴🄱🅄🄰🅁🅈.

Ms Honey only told us to go at 3pm, and it was 2.30. Why not explore?

I grabbed my sketchpad -something I like to bring to sketch flowers- and my water bottle, put on my sunshine hat and set off down the hill.

The hill was large, and there clearly wasn't any pathway. The hill was just left as a form of nature. I chuckled to myself. That was great.

The hill was divided into 4 sections: lavender crops, other plants, main hill and the hotel part. There were so many places to see, and the hill was so enormous, that I gave up after roaming aimlessly. I sat down, out of breath, enjoying the wind ruffling my caramel hair. It was so beautiful here, I wish I could stay there forever.

Too bad, time was running out. I hurried back to the hotel and started my trek towards the hall. The hill was steep, and I was at the top of the main hill, which was far higher than the hotel land and other hills.

I tried to be careful, but was too distracted with the scenery. It's not everyday you get to see such beautiful nature.

Just then, a strong gust of wind blew, and my sketchpad flew out of my hands. Without thinking,I threw my hands forwards, grasping hold of the sketchpad. I sighed in relief.

It was not too soon that I realised, because of my lunge movement, my legs tittered and I rolled down the hill. I screamed, yet adrenaline pumped through my veins. This was exciting yet so scary.

I landed on the hotel hill with a thump. Groaning, I sat up, rubbing my sore head. I sniffed myself. Oh. Now I smelled a lot like lavender. I couldn't help but laugh. I rolled down the hill but managed to get a free perfume makeover!

I stood up then brushed all the dirt away from my sunny dress. There was no time to lose!

~

At the mass hall, the teachers gave out the itinerary, and told us a few ground rules.

"One, do not loiter alone-("oops," I whispered.) "-always have someone with you, probably from the same cabin. Two, I do not want a mass crowd at the toilet during showering time. You will all go one by one. Three, lights out at 9p.m. You would probably know that. Four, no playing of mischief. Three strikes and you will be sent home immediately."

With that, we started our ascend down the hill towards the lavender crops.

A woman named Marigold was our tour guide. She was happy yet so cheerful, her pilates bouncing. She chatted all the way there, much to Ms Honey's displeasure.

"Hello! I will be your tour guide, and I will be sharing with you some facts!Before I start, let me just say,welcome to Lavender Hill, a lifestyle property owned by Trish and Jason Delamore!Trish and Jason are passionate about creating a sustainable lifestyle block, providing fabulous accommodation in Auckland and sharing their adventures with other like-minded people. We have a combination of lavender plants, olives and lemon trees. Added to this are a few sheep and alpacas.

"The main house on the property is a 1970s Ian Burrows designed home. Jason and Trisha are very much looking forward to working on the house to create a stunning family home.

Visit the purple haze of our farm during the lavender flowering season (December-January) or during the olive harvesting period (May-June). The lavender, olives and a large avenue of mature oak trees and spectacular views back to the city give an amazing backdrop, making them even more special!"