𝙰 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎!

29🅃🄷🄳🄴🄲🄴🄼🄱🄴🅁.

I stare. Outside.

Right now, it's Summer. In December.

I wish it was winter, but despite how many times I wish, it's still...Summer.

At least, in Auckland, Summer's temperatures only range from 20-30 degrees.

I sigh, then crawl out of my circular window bench and plop myself down on the soft, white and fluffy rug. I inspected my birdie explorer, trying to copy the instructions on how to do a Sheathbill.

A Sheathbill, the family of Chionididae is either of two species of white stout-billed Antarctic shorebirds making up genus Chionis , the only bird family confined to south polar regions. It is named for the rough, horny sheath around the base of its bill shielding its nostrils.

Conventionally, I would have finished it in about 5 minutes or less, in the correct conditions, like having Rio, my Scarlet Macaw pet, near me. But, now, it was already 6 minutes and I still need about...8 more steps before I finish folding the origami.

The instructions says that I must fold to the left, then twist it 90 degrees to reveal the small tucked in head. But I kept folding it 45 degrees, afraid that if I folded it 90 degrees, I would crumble the paper.

I grunted in frustration. So much for an expert folder.

I tried again one last time and to no avail, I decided to fold a few more Stresemann's Bristlefronts.

I had just folded my 99th when someone knocked on my door.

I glanced up from my assiduousness of folding and looked through the peephole.

It was Dad.

"Come on! We need to go buy new supplies for next year!" He yelled, then marched away.

I stood up, grabbing my purse to put some papers to fold along the way. Well, new year, here I come.

𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖙 𝖇𝖚𝖙....𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝕴 𝖘𝖆𝖎𝖉,𝖎𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖓𝖊𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖗𝖞 𝖙𝖔 𝖘𝖊𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖎𝖙.