𝙳𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝

13🅃🄷 🄼🄰🅁🄲🄷

Scarlet!"A shrill voice interrupted my indefatigable thoughts and Luna barged into the student lounge,interrupting a pair of students playing chess. Luna ignored their scowls, her eyes fixed on me, face contorted with somewhat sheer horror and sadness.

"What happened?" I asked, putting down the stack of thick books I was supposed to put into the stained glass cupboard.

Luna regained her usual posture:The calm emotionless self I know. "I was reading my e-book the other day when a notification popped up on the website on birds. Turns out they just received a message that 1,200 species are facing extinction in the next century! It's all due to habitat loss,deforestation and climate change" She glanced at the stack of books on the table.

I felt my hands curl up into fists.Such poor birds. All because of mankind, we made such precious animals go extinct. "Maybe we can make posters to make people stop all these actions,or,reduce them," I answered, following Luna up the steps towards the open field. The faint smell of mint wafted in the air, instantly making me feel slightly better.

Luna was about to agree when we heard a voice, "Your idea won't work anyways.Nobody cares about dumb birds." We whirled around to see Gretchen with her newly appointed 'maids' , Sabrina and Callis.

Gretchen twirled her golden spun hair around and around,clearly using that as a distraction.Or just to relax herself. "All everyone cares now is about makeup and pretty girls," she looks up and down at my outfit,which was a blazer over a blouse with tight jeans. To me,I thought it looked fine. I guess to Gretchen it was not. "Nobody cares about you or birds so....yeah," I rolled my eyes.

"You're just saying that because I'm friends with them. Unlike you,I can communicate with animals while you only communicate with makeup," I heard a few chuckles from the back and a hand rested on my shoulder while another landed on my other. Steve from beside me pointed out. "I mean,she's right." I smiled at him,thankful he had come forward to stand up to me. Luna from beside me says "True, your popularity rate is dropping because of that. This queen-" She points at me "Don't need maids like you to say her wrongs of her rights."

"You're the one to talk.So how about..." She paused, snatching away the lipstick Callis was handing over to her, and said "How about you scram?" And with that,sashayed away.

Luna,Steve and I stood there watching the fading figure of Gretchen and her maids,silent. Charlie walked forward from where he was standing. "What did I miss?" he asked while sucking on a lollipop.