Discovery

It had been a week since Chris’s funeral and a mix of excitement, nervousness, and... Fear coursed through my body. Gage would be over within the hour and the parents will be barbequeing. They’ll take about thirty to forty-five minutes till foods ready and that would be our window of time to find anything. We have to find something in that time or we may never get another chance. I was looking out the window and saw my aunt’s car turn the corner. I felt a sickening feeling spread through my body, the same feeling you get when you have to present in school, I was afraid of what would happen if we found proof of my dad killing my brother. If my dad killed my brother, would I be next? I heard my mom and my aunt start talking. My mom sounded tired and so sad, like she was going to break down on the driveway. All three of them walked in and I embraced Gage. while I hugged him he whispered “you ready,”. I stopped hugging him and nodded. My dad was in the backyard barbecuing and we used the 30 minutes before he's done to explore my parents room. 

    We had to waste 10 minutes trying to convince our moms to allow us to go to our room to play but we were able to convince them. We walked past my room and to my parents. We sat there for a second wondering if the parents had noticed anything. When we heard our parents still laughing outside, we opened my parents door and headed inside. I saw my dad's computer and Gage immediately walked up to it and sat down. I was confused until he turned it on and looked back at me, “have any idea what his password is?”. I looked at him and took a second to think. 

“His usual password is Marie2301, my mom's name and me and… Chris’s birthday”. There was a moment of awkward silence and then he turned around, typed in the password, and the computer started running. I decided to look around my parents room and I went to check under the bed first. After a fruitless search I found I decided to move on to the closet. I opened the closet and fell back with horror and disgust. Inside my parents closet was the yellow bunny animatronic, I believe its name was Bonnie. I looked back at Gage and realized he hadn’t seen the suit yet. I decided that it was too soon for Gage to be seeing animatronic so I got up and closed the closet door again. 

“Find anything?” Gage asks, still focused on the computer.

“N-Nothing.” I lied, trying to hide the clear fear in my voice.

“Then come check this out.”, he said, his voice filled with excitement and curiosity. I walked over and saw a file named "Chris's Birthday"  which was password protected. 

“Go stand by the door and if you hear them coming warn me so that way I can hide that we were on the computer.”, I directed. He nodded and went there as I tried to guess the password. I was guessing password after password but none worked. Then I got a crazy idea and typed in 08-01-2010, my brother's bite incident. It worked and on it I saw schematics for the animatronics, room layout, and other business stuff until I found something I kind of wish I didn’t. It was a detailed plan on how Chris was supposed to blow out his candles and then have the animatronics legs to have a quick spasm that would force the boobs into Chris’s face. That would cause it to hug Chris to death just like it did and it would be filed as an accident since it was his kids death. My brothers death was a test for my fathers sick inventions, MY BROTHER DIED SO HE COULD FUCKING TEST THIS THING OUT. Why did he need it to be able to kill people? What is gonna happen if I don't stop him? What is he going to do? 

I closed the file and saw eight identical files next to it, all with names "_____ Birthday". Most of the names were people from my school but two scared me, "Gage's Birthday" and "Cassidy's Birthday". Cassidy had gone missing a few months ago and that had torn my Uncle Henry to shreds. Uncle Henry had been a family friend since I was born and Cassidy and I being only a couple months apart in age grew up together as cousins. Sadly a few years ago Uncle Henry stopped coming by and Cassidy and I didn't stay close friends. Her disappearance was rough on me, I had felt guilty for not talking to her. But by looking at this file I'm guessing that means my dad… killed her. My d-... William must be some type of extreme monster to be able to do this. If Gage has a File that means he's supposed to die. I don't know when but he will… but I can stop William. I will tell the cops, I can get him arrested and save all these kids. I can do it. 

"They're coming!" Gage whispered. I panicked and turned the computer off and grabbed a pillow and threw it at Gage. 

"Boys!?" William yelled down the hallways and I felt a tingle up my spine.

"In here!" I yelled and I heard steps coming  towards us. Gage grabbed the pillow I threw at him and I grabbed another one. The door opened and William walked in.

"What are you guys doing in here?" I hit Gage with a pillow and looked up at William.

"Pillow Fight." I responded. He nodded his head and smiled. 

"Well come on knuckle heads, foods ready." He walked out and we went to follow him. 

"What did you see?" Gage asks. 

"I… I didn’t see anything." I lied, I can't tell him about it all… if he knew he had a file about his death it would scare him. It's me vs William, I don't need Gage getting hurt… Not like Chris