From Terrible to Even Worse

I stared at the computer, I had borrowed a USB from my friend Luke Frailey and tried to put the files on the USB but the files… they’re gone. All that's left is a word file and I open it to see a message saying “I know". William has won, I have nothing on him. All evidence deleted… I don't know what to do. I click off the word document and the name of the File is… Mike's Birthday. I started to sweat and my heart jumped into my throat, he's planning to kill me. 

It's been nearly 3 months since my little brother's death. I haven’t got more than 3 hours of sleep at a time since the file was deleted, and every night I wake up in a cold sweat. Today was Sunday and I looked at the clock and see that it’s 9:30 am. I have to wake up my mom, she got work today at 8 am. She must have forgotten to set her alarm because she always wakes me up before she goes to work. I head into my mom’s room and see her bed empty. I’m now confused, my mom always wakes me up (especially after Chris’s death). I look around the house and all is quiet. William shouldn’t have left today, he has nothing planned today and he is very plan-oriented. I went into the kitchen and opened up the cereal cabinet. As I wipe my eyes and reach up to some cereal, I see my Brother’s “Life” cereal. No one else really likes it so it has gone untouched… it made me lose my appetite. I walked away and went towards the bathroom. I get there and I stop in front of it, the light was on. I knocked on the door and waited for a second… no response. “Anyone in there?” I ask… no response. I guess someone just left the light on before they left, I think to myself. I grab the door handle and then an image of that green bunny costume sitting in the middle of the bathroom waiting for me to open the door popped into my head. My hand began to shake and I just kept saying “it’s just your imagination” over and over, trying to convince myself to go in. I turned the doorknob even more and my heart began to thump in my ears. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and opened the door. I opened my eyes and I see red. My brain almost couldn’t process what I saw… it was… my mom. She laid there in the bathtub, the water that went up to right under her breasts was dyed red. My mom’s eyes looked right at me, cold, lifeless, and the spark that always brought me hope… was gone. My mom’s wrists were slit and the blood pouring from them had mostly dried. Her right arm laid limp over the edge of the bath and it pooled on the ground of the bathroom, the puddle only ending only about 3 inches from my feet. I moved closer slowly and my feet began to splash in the blood and the disturbing stickiness on my feet got worse. 

“Mom” I knew it was pointless but I still cried out for my mom. She’s all I have… she can’t be gone… she can’t be… this has to be a nightmare… but the stickiness was too real… I now really wished that green bunny was here instead of this. I would take anything over this. hell, I would take my brother’s ghost being here over this. I shook my mom and I began to cry. I looked around and screamed for help. As I looked around I notice a piece of paper on the toilet. I picked it up and it read “I KNOW I won’t be forgiven but I’m sorry Mike -Mom”. The bolded “I know” made me realize something. This was William, he killed her and is taunting me. You fucker William. I will Kill you… I don't care what I have to do.