Chapter 1: The Red Room

I've lived in Russia almost my whole life with my twin sister Natasha and my younger sister, Yelena.  We grew up in a not-so-normal household.  We never knew our parents, we were always told that our parents abandoned us, but for 5 years, we had parent figures. Until one day, our family was put in danger.  Our "parents" told us we needed to leave immediately, no questions asked.  So we did, we packed up our life in a small town in Ohio and left.  We arrived in an unfamiliar location and we were taken away from the only parent figures we knew.  We tried to fight back, but guns were drawn on us.  We were forced to pile into a shipping container and be quiet or else something was going to happen to us, so we all complied.  After we traveled to another unknown location, the shipping container door swung open, and there stood a tall, round man.  He told us to call him Dreykov, and he ran a "boarding school" where you had to stay and go to school at the same time, called The Red Room Academy.  For the students, there were only girls, and most of the adults were female as well, but there were a handful of male instructors.  Ever since then, our life got even crazier than it already was.
    Growing up in the Red Room, Nat, Yelena, and I thought we lived in a castle, so many rooms, such nice furniture and decorations, delicious food whenever we wanted, and we even got to be ballerinas.  We took ballet every day, no days off, but we loved it at the time.  By the time we turned 12, we were told we were too old to do ballet.  Dreykov told us they had something else for us to learn, and we weren't expecting what was about to happen next.
    At the age of 12, Yelena, Nat, and I got put into hand-to-hand combat classes.  We found out that we were the youngest girls in the class, everyone else being 15 or older.  Honestly, we thought it was a little strange that they decided to put us in such a high combat class at such a young age, but we did what we were told.  Every day, almost all day, we would be in training at least 10 hours a day working on so many different fighting styles and techniques.  Some weeks, we would learn judo, karate, aikido, savate, boxing, and many forms of kung fu.  Judo is a more modern Japanese martial art style.  It is mainly known for its competitive element.  This fighting style intends to take down your opponent to the ground, and try to pin them or force your opponent to tap.  Karate is predominantly a striking art using punching, kicking, knee strikes, elbow strikes, and open-hand techniques such as knife-hands, spear-hands, and palm-heel strikes.  Aikido includes entering, breathing control, triangular principle, and turning movements that redirect the opponent's attack momentum.  While savate is a French kickboxing combat sport that uses the hands and feet as weapons combining elements of English boxing with graceful kicking techniques.  Only foot kicks are allowed though.  Boxing is a combat sport in which two people, usually wearing protective gloves and other protective equipment such as hand wraps and mouthguards, throw punches at each other for a predetermined amount of time in a boxing ring.  Lastly, there are many forms of Kung Fu namely Shaolin Kung Fu, Wing Chun, Tai chi, etc., and are practiced all over the world. Each form of kung fu has its own principles and techniques but is best known for its trickery and quickness, which is where the word Kung Fu is derived.
After we had mastered the hand-to-hand combat class, we were some of the few people selected to go ahead of the rest of the class and learn all there is about weapons.  We were only 15 at this time, while everyone else at the age of 15 had just started the combat classes, we were the youngest girls that had ever taken the weaponry classes there.  Nat, Yelena, and I ended up finishing all our courses 2 years ahead of everyone else, we were even the top 3 in our class.  The rest of the girls didn't like that we were better than them so we may have made a few enemies along the way.  Once it was time for us to graduate, that is when our life turned completely upside down.
    After graduation, Dreykov came to discuss with the graduating class.  We all thought that they were going to tell us about colleges or traveling, but that wasn't the case.  They told the class that we were going to train to become the best assassins in the world, and that was the reason we took all those combat and weaponry classes.  All of us were a little surprised by this, but it all made sense.  I knew that Nat, Yelena, and I enjoyed all the classes we took and we ended up agreeing. 
We spent the next 2 years becoming the best assassins in history.  We went on covert-ops to take down Dreykov's enemies.  At the time, we were informed that they were "bad people" who had done "bad things".  We were too young and naive to know the truth at that time though.  No one other than Dreykov knew that we three were the top-ranked assassins.  We would train every day for 12 hours a day, you name it, we did it.  Hand-to-hand combat, practice with weapons of all sorts, agilities, and acrobatics to help us with our stealth skills.  We would only get about 5 hours of sleep a night and I bet you can guess what we ended up doing for the last 7 hours of our days.