• CHAPTER 1

CW: Minor mentions of Blood

YOUR POV

My name is Y/n. Ishikawa Y/n.

I've always been completely obsessed with dancing and worked my whole life to make a living out of it.
I had passion, I was born with talent, but, experience and a place in the industry were two things I had to gain and work on.

I'm Japanese, I was born in Kyoto and moved to South Korea with my parents around the age of 15.
Being Japanese and moving to a completely foreign country was a struggle for me but also an advantage since, for no one's surprise, I wanted to become an idol and Korea was definitely the best place to train and become one.
Kpop was something I grew with and a huge factor for me to want to actually pursue a career out of dancing and performing but...
Sometimes, young girls like me with dreams and passion forget that...

Not everyone ends up debuting, most people let anxiety and exhaustion take the best of themselves and give up.

I managed to learn Korean quite fast and started to audition for companies, a lot of companies.

I ended up getting accepted by one of the biggest Kpop companies, JYP Entertainment, and took one step closer to accomplishing my dream!

Being Japanese was indeed a struggle but I managed to live with. For my own surprise... There were a lot of Japanese trainees in JYPE! Just like me.

Hirai Momo, Minatozaki Sana, Myoui Mina... There were a lot more Japanese trainees at the company but I didn't personally know most of them and these were the names I heard the most back then.

I was never really close to most of the trainers, but there was someone that managed to build an amazing friendship with me.

Someone that topped everyone else for me, someone that became too special to me, for various reasons...

His name?
Jaebeom. Lim Jaebeom.

He is definitely the sweetest and coolest person I met there... He has a really unique voice and a huge passion for dancing, just like me!
We met through one of the evaluations, I later found out we were in the same School and, from there, we built a friendship that stood out from others...

Flashback...

3RD PERSON POV

" Y/n! " The young and tall boy called out for his friend to finish packing her materials in her bag.
" We need to get going! Or else we'll lose the damn bus! " He whined, holding and pulling her by her arm, trying to get her to hurry.
" YAH! Jaebeom calm down! I'm already moving! " The girl said with her eyebrows frowned.

The two of them were close to making a huge mistake but, gladly, they managed to take the bus on time and get to that tall and fancy looking building of JYP Entertainment, faster than anyone else.

Y/n left a long sigh, looking up at her friend with a rather weird expression.
" We couldn't get late to the Monthly Evaluations, right? Jaebeom? " She asked with a kind of annoyed tone in her voice. Jaebeom nodded, he didn't understand why she sounded like that...
" Well... We managed to get here 30 minutes earlier than everyone else! " The girl spoke in a loud tone, leaving Jaebeom in an embarassed state.