Chapter One - Nico - Clues Left Behind

"So you're telling me that Hazel and Reyna are gone?" Leo asked for the sixth time. Every one in both of the Camps were practically going insane trying to find them. Hazel Levesque and Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano went completely off the grid. The gods even offered a reward to anyone who finds/rescues them. Those girls would be the last ones that would need to be rescued.

"This is completely unfair! We have to find her. I'll go insane if we don't." Frank said. No one had to ask who he was he talking about, they all knew it was Hazel. Frank and Reyna were best friends but Frank without Hazel just doesn't seem right in Nico's eyes.

The warm June weather definitely did not match the mood of the demigods grieving the loss of their friends. Yet they could never understand how he felt. When one of your best friends and your sister just go missing it's enough to drive him to insanity. Nico knew that if he ever wanted to see them again, he had be in his right mind.

All of the seven demigods if the prophecy (minus Hazel) wanted to go on a quest for them. Every one of them had a connection with at least one of the girls. Calypso wanted to come too but Coach Hedge and Mellie wanted her to help them with Chuck. Or at least that's what she thought, Leo wanted her to stay back so nothing would happen to her. If Calypso ever found that out she would go bananas.

"I swear to Athena herself if anybody lays a hand on either of them I will murder them so hard." Annabeth slammed her fist into her palm.

"My Rey Rey is gone!" Piper wailed in between sobs. Piper grabbed Jason's arm and wrapped it around her. Jason had been acting like a zombie ever since he found out about Hazel and Reyna. His face showed no emotion whatsoever and he refused to eat or sleep or talk.

Jason blinked, once again showing no emotion at all. Jason was a leader, a former praetor of Camp Jupiter, you'd think he would react differently. He probably was upset about Reyna, Nico knew that they were really close.

"Where do you think we should look first?" Percy asked. "Maybe they left some type of clue behind."

Suddenly, the most horrific idea popped into Nico's head. "What if they don't want to be found?"

"I don't care if they want to be found. I'm still going to find them whether they want me to or not." Leo said.

"Yeah, I agree with Valdez." Frank said that sentence so seldom that when he did it was usually a big deal.

"I found one of Hazel's jewels last week when she asked me to help her with her homework and she told me to keep it so That she would always be with me. Maybe she knew something was going to happen?" Annabeth said.

After the war, each of the 7 demigods of the prophecy were granted a wish and Hazel asked that she be redeemed of her curse. Now her jewels are only deadly when she wants them to be. She'll never have to worry about money a day in her life.

"Oh yeah, Hazel gave me a picture of us from her Polariod and she wrote 'Remember me' at the bottom yesterday..." Frank pulled a small piece of paper out of his pocket that showed him with his arm wrapped around a smiling Hazel. It was obviously taken a long time ago because it was taken briefly after the giant war was over. Hazel was still thirteen and Frank was still sixteen.

"Aw that's so sweet." Piper cooed as she wiped away the tears streaming down her rosy cheeks.

"That's not the point, Pipes." Jason spoke up, startling every one. "They were saying goodbye..." He opened his once balled up to let us all see a little medallion that he was running furiously.

"Which one gave it to you?" Nico asked.

"Reyna. It was given to her by her mother when she came from that one quest to save those girls being held captive by Cupid." Jason admitted.

"That was her everything, her mother never has time for her..." Piper said.

"Well, she wanted me to have it."

"Okay...so at least one of them left behind something for every one they really cared about," Nico said before every one went off telling what Hazel or Reyna had given them before they left. "shouldn't that mean something? There has to be some type of clue they left behind."

"I said that like three minutes ago..." Percy mumbled bitterly which earned a whacked in the arm Annabeth and a deadly glare from Nico.

"Well let's get to work people! We're burning precious time!" Leo cried out.

As the others (with the help of Annabeth's brilliance) began brainstorming what the clues mean, all Nico could think about was that he was the only one that both Hazel and Reyna said good bye to. This had to have had something to do with him.