Chapter Four - Hazel - Their Plan

Hazel struggled and groaned as her captor slipped a pair of rusty handcuffs over her wrists. She refused to look at him because she knew it would only result in pain. He told her not to look at him. He told her to be quiet. He told her to listen when ever he spoke. If she didn't obey his orders he would hurt Reyna. If Reyna didn't obey him then he would hurt Hazel. It was a pretty simple system. She dreaded where he kept them. She didn't know where on earth she was but, she knew her and Reyna's friends were already looking for them. She knew in her heart that they would find them.

Reyna was being kept on the other side of the room. She looked calmer than any captive should but Reyna had a way of masking her feelings and she did it well.

Hazel screamed through the tape that covered her mouth. Her muffled screams made Reyna cry silently. Suddenly a glove covered hand slapped a Hazel across the face.

"Shut up, I'm trying to work!" He growled.

Hazel sobbed as quietly as she could. She wished she was in Frank's strong embrace. Under his protection.

"Shhh...Don't cry, it'll be over soon." He brushed the back of his hand against cheek gently. She wanted to bite his hand off but she knew that only result in Reyna's pain.

He finished handcuffing Hazel to the wall and looked straight at her. She avoided his eyes. When she looked into his eyes, she saw her worst fears coming to life. He had the ability and power to make them come true.

She remembered when he came up to her last week when she had just gotten out of school...

"Excuse me, are you Hazel Levesque?" A tall and handsome man asked her sweetly.

"Yes, I am." she replied with a smile. She wasn't interested in the man but there was no use in being rude.

"Great." He grinned. His smile was creepy and his eyes changed color from blue to red to yellow. "Meet me here in two days or I will kill everyone you love." He chuckled as if she had said something funny.

A feeling of overwhelming dread washed over Hazel like a wave. Who was this man? What did he want from her? He was probably crazy.

"No you're not." she denied him and began walking away. He grabbed her arm and squeezed it tightly that she let out a moan.

"Yes. I. Will." he said calmly and glanced at Hazel's mortal friend from her Art class Finn. He was walking with his girlfriend Sophie.

Suddenly Finn's eyes rolled into the back of his head and he dropped to the ground.

"Finn!" Sophie shouted. She placed her hand on his neck. "He doesn't have a pulse!" She cried out as people began to gather around them. Hazel covered her mouth in panic and began fanning herself.

The man shrugged. "That will happen to all of your other friends Hazel if you don't meet me here in two days. Do you understand?"

Hazel gulped down the horrible feeling in her throat and nodded. "I do."

"Good." he grinned and began walking away.

"Wait!" She shouted. He turned around staring her intensely with his now yellow eyes. "Is he...Is Finn dead?"

"Yeah." He shrugged like it was nothing and began walking away again. Hazel fell to her knees and cried. Finn's death was her fault. There was no way that would happen to any of her loved one's. She had to meet him.

"Hazel," Reyna exclaimed, smiling through the darkness. When Hazel snapped out her memory, he was gone. "Our plan worked."