The Conversation

After catching up with Marcus and Niomi for a bit I headed back over to find Joe and his friends. I saw Alfie sat alone with his bottle of Bud, looking around. I went over to him with my virgin mojito to see if he knew where Joe had gone.
"Hey Alfie, do you know where my brother is?" I raised my voice a little because of the loudness of the party.
"Oh hey Zoe!" Alfie chirped happily. "Him and the others went outside for a bit, I wanted to stay in here and see who's around."
"Oh ok, well thanks." I turned to walk off when Alfie started to speak.
"Hey....um they will be back in a bit, do you wanna sit here and talk whilst we wait?" He asked nervously.
"Yea sure!!" I replied excitedly... I wasn't sure if that was too happy and seemed like I was desperate...
"Awesome, so how's your YouTube going? Can I just say I love all of your videos. Seen them all." He winked at my and let out a cute little laugh.
"Awww well I am very flattered!" I giggled. "It's going well thank you, how's you Chanel? I see you have 3 million subscribers now! That's good going!!"
"Yea it's going good :) and I'm shocked at that many subscribers! It's very overwhelming."
We sat and talked for about 1 hour until Joe, Caspar and Louis came back and joined us at the table. They had been out in the court yard taking photos for each other's Instagram. They all sat down with us and they all grinned at us both. Joe winked at me and gave me the 'get in there' look. I couldn't help but giggle.
It was now 11:45 PM and Joe had just rang the taxi to come and pick us up. Joe headed to the door with Caspar and Louis to say his goodbyes and it was just myself and Alfie left.
"Tonight's been great!" He said as a big smiled came across his cheeky face.
"Yes it's been great getting to know you more!" I replied.
"Here's my number....call me?" He handed me a small piece of paper with his digits on and winked at me and walked away to join Marcus and Niomi.
I went to find Joe out at the front and we jumped in the taxi and headed back home.

******

I slotted the key into the lock and opened the red front door to our warm cosy home. I hung my keys up on the key rack on the wall by the front door and headed straight up to my room. I emptied the content of my bag onto my dressing table and chucked my bag in the cupboard with the mountain of other bags I own. I kicked off my shoes and neatly placed then on my shoe rack next to my wardrobe. I flung off my clothes onto a pile on the floor (I will deal with them tomorrow!) Stepped into my pjs and removed all of my make up and undid my hair. After making myself bed ready I slid under the covers of my double bed and grabbed my phone from the bed side table. I stared at the small piece of paper that Alfie gave me and eventually punched the number into my phone contacts. Feeling satisfied with the nights events I turned off my phone, put it on the side and nestled into the soft, comfy cave that is my bed. In about 20 minutes I was fast asleep.