Launch Party

"ZOEEEE!!! POSTS HERE!! COME AND GET IT!!!"

My brother Joe screamed up the stairs to me. I don't know why he can't just come up and tell me!

I ran down the stairs to the front door where Joe was stood holding a collection of different sizes envelopes. He handed me a small envelop with my name on and I looked at it trying to guess what it was.

"I got one too." He said putting the other letters down on a small white table by the front door.

I turned around oblivious to what Joe had just said and headed back up stairs to my room. I closed the door behind me and sat on my bed still looking at the pretty awesome envelope! I was actually getting excited. I tore the seal and pulled out a small ish piece of paper which was folded in half. I opened it up and read it:

Dear: Zoe Sugg

You are invited to the launch party of Tanya Burr Cosmetics.

When: October 29th 2014 7:00-12:00 PM

Where: London

From: Tanya Burr xx

This was so exciting! One of my best friends was releasing her own brand of Lip Gloss and Nail Polish! Tanya Burr is a well known You Tuber and she has been my friend for a long time. We met via YouTube and we now both do it as a job. My channel is called 'Zoella'. Joe is also a You Tuber and so are many of our friends. This party is going to be amazing. I will get to see all of my YouTube friends and meet heaps more!!! What's not to look forward to?

Today is the 27th of October so I have only got 2 days to decide what I am going to wear. I'm sure I can find something dazzling in my wardrobe. I hope I can anyway; I have so much to choose from!

********

The days leading up to the party have flown by and it is finally the night. I am so excited. After going into town to get some shopping during the day, Joe and I got home and decided it was time for dinner. It is currently 4:00 PM and the launch starts at 7:00 so we don't have any time to cook. What a terrible shame that is. I grabbed the pizza menu from the fridge and dialled the number to order the food.

15 minutes later the food arrived and Joe and I ate every last scrap. It was delicious. You can't beat a good pizza before a party. I now have to go and get ready! It is now 5:00 PM so we have a couple hours until the party starts. I went upstairs and closed my bedroom door. I sat at my dressing table and removed the make-up I had been wearing during the day. I took the hair-band out of my hair that was holding my pony tail in place and put all the hair pins away. I grabbed my towel and dressing gown off the back of my bedroom door and headed to the bathroom.

I hung my towel and gown over the bathroom door so they were out of the way and I turned on the shower to warm it up. I stripped off and pushed my clothes to one side of the room. I put my hand under the gushing water to see if it was the right temperature. It was lovely and warm so I jumped in!

I stood under the shower and let my hair get wet and them I squeezed out a blob of shampoo onto my hand and I massaged it into my head. I rinsed it all out of my hair and then ran some conditioner through my hair. Once I had rinsed it out I picked up my favourite LUSH shower gel and applied it. After washing off the shower gel, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my hair in the towel. I then put on my dressing gown and went back into my bedroom.

I dug out my hairdryer from under a pile of magazines I had been trying to get make-up inspiration from, and plugged it into the wall. I flicked on the switch and blasted the hot air at my head until my hair was dry to the touch. I then sectioned it up and gave myself a milk maid braid. They look really nice when you are dressing up fancy. I then did my make-up. I applied all my regular make-up but instead of a normal cat-winged eye liner, I did a really nice Smokey eye. It looks really good, if I do say so myself.

Now, what am I going to wear? I went over to my wardrobe and looked through the section where I keep all of my dresses. I pulled out a really cute black skater dress. That will do nicely! To that I added a gorgeous pair of black peep toe heels. I love this outfit! I found my favourite little black bag with a chain strap and slipped a chunky black bracelet onto my wrist and headed down stairs to meet Joe.

Joe was sat on the Sofa in a very nice grey suit jacket. He scrubs up well. Well what am I saying, we Suggs scrub up amazing!! ;) Joe stood up and walked over to me. We looked each other up and down and then gave each other the 'I approve' look. As he stood next to me, I got a whiff of his Ralph Lauren cologne. It smells very nice!!

10 minutes later....

DING DONG!

The taxi has arrived! We stepped out of the house into the cold autumn air. We quickly jumped into the cab and waited until we got to the venue. The excitement grew as we were in the cab on the way to the venue.

I'm so excited!

The cab finally pulled up outside the grand building after what seemed like an eternity of driving.

Joe and I jumped out of the taxi and made our way up the big stone steps and into the party. There was bright lights and loud music playing. People were dancing and there were people in little groups chatting to one another. I recognised so many faces but so many were new to me. We both went to greet Tanya who was with her fiancé Jim who was.... Yes you guessed it..... a You Tuber too. I told her how proud I was and hugs were given all around. Even a few happy tears were shed. After we had been chatting for a while, Joe took me over the a group of his YouTube friends. I had seen some of them before from videos but never met them. Some faces were completely new.

"Alright guys?" Joe chirped as we approached the group of men.

"Hey Joe" they all chorused at the same time.

"This is my sister Zoe or Zoella as some of you may know her as."

In turn they introduced themselves:

"Hey I'm Louis!" Said a tall guy with glasses and dread locks.

I smiled at him.

"I'm Casper" A South African guy with blonde hair and a cheeky smile.

I knew a bit about Casper because he had done some collaboration videos with Joe but I had never actually met him.

Finally there was Alfie. What is there to say about Alfie!

"Hiyya I'm Alfie." He was a very smiley guy. Pretty tall and very good looking!!

I had to try to stop myself from blushing... he is just WOW!

"It's really nice to meet you all" I said looking at them all stood in a line. "I've just seen Marcus and Niomi so I will see you guys later." I smiled and wondered off to see my other friends.

I didn't think I believed in love at first sight. Maybe I do.