Chapter 2

Hey! Welcome. Second Chapter! Hope you like it!

When Emma woke up Charlotte was gone, Emma thought nothing of it thinking she might have gotten off early. Emma reached her father's house she opened the door and immediately got to start unpacking her necessities. A few days passed and while she unpacked, she noticed a piece of paper with Charlotte's address. Deciding she needed a break she went over to the address, Emma knocked, and an old woman appeared in front of her. "Hello ma'am, I'm Emma and I'm here to meet Charlotte" Emma told the woman. The woman gasped and pulled Emma inside. "What's going on?" Emma asked fearfully. "Charlotte has been dead for 20 years" said the woman and "I'm her mother, Jane," said the woman.

Shocked and curious, she went through pictures of Charlotte, which her mother showed her to make sure that it was the same girl Emma had met on the train. "She died 20 years ago, she went missing and I think someone had murdered her, we don't even know who killed her and where her body is" said Mrs. Lake while shaking in sadness. Scared and worried herself, but Emma tried to comfort Mrs. Lake, and said that she would help find Charlotte. "Oh, thank you my dear, thank you very much!" said Mrs. Lake shaking with relief and happiness. As Emma walked back to house, she thought about what Charlotte had said to her, any clues that might have helped, Emma was about to give up when realisation hit her... Gnaw Bone Hills!