Chapter 3

Felt a little generous today. Two chapters in one day!! Whooo!!

That night Emma snuck out of her house and followed the directions Charlotte had told her and sure enough there was a sign that said 'Gnaw Bone Hills'. Emma opened the gate and stepped in there was a dangerously steep hill with some apple trees at the base. As Emma climbed the hill, she looked for clues, but unfortunately ending with absolutely nothing. Emma groaned in exasperation when something caught her eye. There was something shining and glinting on one of the apple trees. Emma cautiously walked towards it and once she reached it, she picked it off the branch. She looked around for any signs of movement but there was nothing. Emma sighed in relief as she looked down at the locket and realized that here was something familiar about it, oh right! This was Charlotte's locket! She remembered that Charlotte was wearing it when she met her on the train. Emma opened it carefully and saw a picture inside. It was a beautiful picture of a girl and Emma realized it was Charlotte. But there was a piece of it missing there it looked like it was torn hastily. The murderer must have torn this picture, so nobody would find out it was him, whoever the murderer is must be in this picture with Charlotte. First, she wondered how the locket reached there, but feeling like it's a sign, she started thinking. Maybe it's because Charlotte wanted to be found. So, then Emma got to work on digging the ground where the locket was. Surely, there must be something buried here. Sure, enough very soon, she felt something hard under the place under the tree. Emma dug faster and there was a bony hand peeking out of the dirt Emma pulled and tugged at the hand finally the body was out it was Charlotte's body.

Hope you liked this! Might upload another chapter today as well!!