CHAPTER 18

Veer's pov

I kept looking at her while she talked away anything and everything.

She gazed at me and I looked down embarrassed when my stomach growled.

She smiled and slapped her forehead.

"See how stupid I am. I was so involved in talking that asking you for food slipped my mind".

I smiled and replied, "It's ok and you say sorry now and then".

She laughed but slowed down when my little one stirred in sleep.

"Aanya" aunty shouted from downstairs.

"Let's go down and eat dinner. I am so hungry and I am sure you are also".

I chuckled seeing her and looked towards my doll who was sleeping peacefully with her thumb in her mouth.

I softly took out her thumb but after few seconds she again put it in her mouth.

I let her be and followed Aanya downstairs. She jumped down the stairs skipping one stair. My heart trembled to see her.

I was about to stop her when her mother told her the same.

"Aanya stop hopping down the stairs" aunty told sternly but she didn't pay heed to her words.

Her mother sighed and got back to what she was doing.

"Maa, what is there for dinner?"

"You see yourself" aunty replied.

We sat down at the table and there were many covered bowls.

Aanya removed the lids and there were.......