fifteen

"YOUR HAIR WAS NOT QUITE THE BLAZING MEDALLION GOLD OF THE SUN

"YOUR HAIR WAS NOT QUITE THE BLAZING MEDALLION GOLD OF THE SUN .. BUT IT WAS BRIGHT ENOUGH TO PLUNGE ITS HAND INTO THE DARKNESS AND BECOME A WISP OF RETRIBUTION TO THOSE WHO GRABBED YOUR SALVATORY HAND."

Those who followed behind him, becoming the ones who stood on the arising horizon, for as long as his shadow was forever casted prideful and tall, as would they.

But the invincible Mikey was still a human. Humans in which were corrupt in every way just for their mere existence alone. Breathing, living. For every birth, there is death in that very moment, somewhere, someone, lost.

And for every death there was life. But even life would soon sink to its ashes.

"You look bored these days .. Kazutora. Is bashing other gangs and thrashing around with Baji not enough? Heard you butted heads with Mitsuya the other day, but he's a pacifist so it seems about right."

She took a seat by the boy on the picnic table, sliding him a can of soda. He only remained staring down at where the rest of the boys were skipping rocks down in the water, not replying to her but cracking open the can.

He seemed to pause, intertwined in a deep mountain of thought before sipping his drink, almost as if he wasn't breathing or needed to breathe, the boy continued to chug down the carbonated drink that scratched at the flesh of his throat and his lungs pulsating for oxygen to refresh itself.

"I think .. I think I've decided what to get Mikey for his birthday." Anari continued to ramble to the ravenette beside her. Kazutora had been awfully less talkative and more interested in bashing people's faces in ever since his parents officially got their divorce. Kazutora was forced to pick between his mom and his dad, for he was still a minor.

And he chose the mother's touch that lured him in.

But he swallowed the hook as it lodged itself in his throat along with the rest of his words and cries as his mother berated him. With every configurations of her hate filled words filled to the brim of violence, it was no different from his father who spoke little words to him, and instead did so with his fists.

He had been running away for some time now. The last time he'd gone home was two weeks ago, but his mother had enough intellect left to know not to call the cops before they found traces of the previous violence and abuse. And so, she let him be as he took shelter at Mikey's place, where the boy offered his arm.

"You're so loved." Kazutora finally spoke. "Cared for by everyone. Cherished. Always. By the people in your school, they protect you because you protect them from their parents. By Draken .. By Mikey."

Suddenly, his medallion orbs didn't seem so golden anymore .. but rather a tarnished shade of green on envy. His pupils slit themselves like a snake bearing its fangs with a warning.

He never had warm families singing him happy birthday at a table with a messy home made cake.

He never had a family.