ex-lovers

♥𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀♥

I walk over to Amaya's locker and lean on the one beside it. "Hiya cutie." Amaya sings, I smile wide and kiss her cheek. Amaya tucks a binder under her arm and wraps her other over my shoulder.

"We must search for Jinny and make sure her head is still on her shoulders!" Amaya explains and I nod in understanding.

After waking up to over a hundred messages from my new groupchat, I feel like I've basically known them my entire life.

As we continue to walk Amaya tells me she's been working on this painting for her dad's birthday that's in a couple days. He's a single dad and has been for most of her life after her mom passed away in a car accident.

Sometimes I feel a bit guilty that I don't feel comfortable with sharing my dad's situation just yet. Am I a bad friend if I listen to her trauma and then keep quiet about my own because I don't want to cry in front of them just yet?

I like being the 'sunshine' of the group. I like how people walk freely around me here. Their smiles aren't ones of pity like the ones back in South Carolina.

When everyone back home found out, they walked around me like they were afraid to pop this bubble wrap that I didn't know I had on.

It was aggravating having randos hug me and tell me, "Oh honey, you'll be okay. He's in a good place." As if he was gone. "A good man, that Anthony is." They'd smack their teeth and bring pies (which I ate, but completely disregarded who baked it.)

Their smiles were tight lipped and unwarranted. And gave them back because I'm sweet little Willow and any other expression and I was a brooding and that was unbecoming.

It didn't matter that I was grieving my papa's diagnosis. I accepted hugs, condolences, and delicious pies from southern ladies who apparently one my pops like they knew the back of their hand.

"Boo!" Amaya and I jump as hands grab our shoulders. "What's up bitches." Jiniya links arms with me and kisses my cheek. I laugh as she takes an abrupt stop and squishes my cheeks. "Maya. She's got such cute cheeks!" Jinny exclaims.

Amaya then takes her turn to squish my cheeks. Then she pinches them. "Ow!" I look over at her with my eyebrows knitted together pouting.

"Don't worry babes. We'll kiss it better," Jinny says before smothering my cheek with kisses, it only takes Amaya a second to catch on before she's attacking my cheek too.

I laugh as I squeeze my eyes together and squeal. "Really guys? A threesome in the hallway?" An unfamiliar deep asks and my eyes snap open. I see Maxon standing beside Tyler and behind him is one of the guys I saw with him before and Motorcycle Girl.

I blush at his comment, lowering my head and Jiniya grabs my waist. "Don't be jelly you didn't get an invitation." She mocks and Amaya takes a hold of my shoulder again.

"I'm sure you can find someone else to keep you busy." Amaya suggests and I watch Tyler's eyes widen in warning. Amaya feigns an innocent smile before landing one last kiss on my cheek.

Tyler raises his eyebrows in question. "We're all lovers and you can't join." Tyler mockingly gasps and Amaya continues. "Sorry Ty, it's the rules." She shrugs and I laugh.