3 ~ Trial run

You sit in the large room Bruce was using as the time travel experiment room, watching Scott turn to an teenager, to an old man, to a baby, then back to normal Scott.

Silently, you watch the few other people in the room process this new revelation. You weren't surprised at this result, and you knew that you needed Tony to do this thing properly.

So, you only smiled when he walked through the double doors, waving a small, watch-like device he called a Time-Space GPS.

"Looks like you kids do need a babysitter." He said, already knowing what had happened with Scott.

You hop off the table you were sitting on. "And you're the expert, right? 'Cause you're the Iron Dad now."

"That, I am." Tony sets down his device with a grin. "Let's get down to business. Call in the big guns, Jolly Green."

~~~~

"All right. I'm not ready for this." Scott declares.

Clint steps forward. "I'm game. I'll do it."

The remaining Avengers had set out over the last few days, collecting up any one who was left of the team.

A few minutes later, Clint walks back in, wearing the white suit Scott had been wearing.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it."

"No one understands your science crap, Bruce." You shake your head.

Rhodey raised his hand. "Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." He pretended to tie a rope around someone's neck and made a disturbing noise.

You nearly chocked on your O2. "First of all, that's horrible..."

"It's Thanos." Rhodey replied, not seeming to care much.

"...And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." Bruce finished.

" Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott said.

"Bingo." Clint smiled weakly.

Nebula sighed. "That's not how it works either."

"Well, that's what I heard." Clint looked confused again.

"What? By who? Who told you that?" Bruce frowned.

"Um, Bruce that's not a goo-" You were interrupted by Rhodey listing time travel movies, just like you thought he would.

"Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time -"

"Quantum Leap -" Scott called out.

Rhodey continued his rant. "A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time -

"Seriously guys, this isn't nes-" You were interrupted again, but Scott this time.

"Hot Tub Time Machine -"

"Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel." Rhodey finished.

"Die Hard?" Scott piped up again, then looked confused. "No, it's not one..."

Rhodey ignored him. "This is known."

Bruce sighed. "I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future..." Clint still looked confused.