Trafalgar Law

Everyone’s wounds were all treated and on their way to fully healing.

Everyone was happy.

Everyone was alive.

That was the most important part, everyone was ALIVE.

But this was the straw hat crew, they’d all lived through the unimaginable, so why wouldn’t they survive this small wave in their path?

The only one that was a little worse for wear was Law.

But, he had gotten shot multiple times, plus he was also stabbed, beaten (both physically and emotionally), and tossed around.

He’d suffered the most injury out of all of them.

Zoro tried not to be happy about that, really, he did. He may be a “nakama” now, as Luffy put it, but he wasn’t a NAKAMA, you feel him? He wasn’t...one of them. Not trully. Not like Nami, Usopp, Sanji (grudgingly), Chopper, Vivi (she counts dammit!), Robin, Franky, and Brook were. At least not yet.

They hadn’t spent a long enough time with Law yet. At least Zoro hasn’t. But from the vibes he got from all the others, they more or less agreed with him. Law was an okay guy, but he wasn’t fully part of their group just yet.

He would be though, Zoro could feel it.

Zoro could tell by the way Luffy acted around the man, how he touched without any hesitation and laughed with his full body when he deemed that the stoic man had done something amusing.

Smiling slightly, he leaned back against Sunny’s railing, closing his eyes and soaking up the familiar and calming laughter of his nakama and the gentle swaying from Sunny as she carried them towards Zou, where Law’s crew was waiting for them.

Sunny seemed to be happy too, there was an aura around them all that was warm, like the first rays of sunlight that touched your skin after a chilly night. They all just instinctively knew that it belonged to Sunny, now understanding that Sunny was always with them and that she took care of them all in her own way. They understood that this was her telling them that she loved them all.

Zoro opened his eyes as he felt the presence of his captain getting closer to him, his thoughts moving away from Sunny for the moment so that he could put his attention on Luffy.

A wider smile came across his face as he saw what Luffy had in his hands. It was a few bottles of sake, no doubt stolen right from under Sanji’s nose. A chuckle tore out from his chest, forceful enough to make his shoulders twitch with each huff of laughter. When the cook found out that some of the bottles were missing, he was no doubt going to throw a fit and immediately accuse him, but he didn’t really care at the moment.

Sitting up, he happily accepted the three bottles that Luffy handed to him, a warmth swirling around in his chest as the rubber man plopped down on the grass beside him, sides pressed together softly.

“Thank you captain. You know swirly brows is going to throw a fit when he finds out these are missing right?” Ignoring his own words, Zoro popped two of the bottles open, taking a swig from one and handing the other to Luffy.

“Shishishi! I know! But who cares? I’m the captain! I can take what I want!” Luffy’s words came out confident, but he looked around himself regardless, feeling like Sanji would pop out from nowhere and kick him for his words. “...Besides! We do this all the time anyways and get in trouble every time. It’s not like we’re gunna stop Zoro.” He smiled widely and shoved Zoro a bit, his signature laugh slipping out.

Snorting, Zoro nodded and shoved Luffy back. “Aye captain. I know. Now shut up and drink your sake, I don’t share with just anyone you know.” He raised an eyebrow at Luffy, grinning in amusement.