bonus: she finds out

b o n u s

♡♡♡

"You're such a smart kitty Grasso, yes you are," Alette cooed, as she sat on the floor, playing with the fluffy animal.

Aresius listened to her from inside the closed door of his office, a smile subconsciously forming on his face.

She had been on the sofa watching TV when he had to do something for work. Once he had moved to his office, it didn't take long for her to find her way closer to him.

She always wanted to be close to him.

She didn't want to bother him though, so she occupied herself with the cat, who soaked up all of her undivided attention.

There was a sudden silence, as the giggles vanished and he heard a sharp intake of breath. He craned his neck to hear what was going on outside.

He heard the sound of her phone being unlocked.

She always had her phone on full volume, so it was easy to guess that she was on the device.

A few seconds of typing later, Aresius heard a robotic sound speaking from the phone.

"Say the word you want to be translated, into the microphone."

He froze, his heart pounding.

"Grasso," she mumbled, into the phone, unaware of the frazzled state of the man in his office.

"Translating," came the monotonous voice of the translator website.

He was a goner.

He stood up in a rush, cursing under his breath, dropping his pen and paper haphazardly on the desk. He rushed out of the room, bumping his knee on every possible surface.

He just opened the office door the moment the phone said.

"Fat."

Aresius and Alette's eyes widened, both for different reasons.

"I-I can explain," he rushed out as her eyes narrowed.

But she didn't give him a chance to.

She grabbed the cat and walked into the living room.

He followed helplessly behind her, calling out to her.

"Alette, I can explain, I swear," he pleaded lowly, hating that she was so upset over this.

She looked up at him as she sat on the couch, her eyes flashing.

"All of this time, I've been calling him...fat?"

He was shocked at how deadly steady her voice sounded.

It made him gulp in apprehension.

Him. The man that had stared loaded guns in the face. A man that had been shot at multiple times. A man that had probably faced more danger head-on than a large percentage of the world combined.

But none of that compared to the firecracker that was in front of him.

There was no training manual for this.

"Angel he just..." he looked at the cat in her arms, who turned his head up, as if he knew that his self-proclaimed owner was in trouble.

If he could talk, he would surely mention that while having a roof over his head, and food in his kitty bowl was great, his owner cowering from the stare of this tiny woman was a million times better.