Chapter 3 - My Hidden Lineage.

Rhianna's POV:

I stare in shock and confusion at the man kneeling, before me. "I'm sorry, but could you repeat that?", I ask wondering if I had misheard him. "Of course. As I said, my name is Rowland Weisteria and I am the head butler of the Lyon Manor", The man, I now know as Rowland, said while still kneeling on the ground. "Yes, I got that. What I meant was the part about me being the granddaughter of some Duke Lyon?" "Ah, yes. I apologize if i've confused you, but I meant what I said. I believe you are the granddaughter of the Duke Lyon.", Rowland spoke in a manner that was so matter of fact that I almost believe him. Almost.

"What makes you think i'm related to a duke of all things?", Most people in this world be ecstatic to learn they are possibly of aristocratic blood, but I just couldn't picture myself as a noble, especially one of such a high rank as a duke or duchess. "I know, you may not believe me, But I am certain that your mother, Lucy correct? Was Duke Lyon's missing daughter, Lady Levane Leonora Alise Dracia-Lyon.", What is with nobles and giving their kids unnecessarily long names? "How can you be so sure my mom and this Levane woman are the same person?", I wanted to be sure that I wasn't being tricked or that this man was in fact making a mistake. Rowland smiled at me, before reaching into his bag and pulling out what looked to be a framed photo.

"Is this what your mother Lucy looked like?", Rowland asked handing me the photo. The moment I looked at the photo I gasped in shock. It was a picture of my mother. Expect, she looked slightly different. She looked younger, but I could easily tell it was her. She was sitting in what looked to be an expensive gold and purple velvet, plush chair wearing a long sleeve, fine silk green dress that covered her feet. Her hair that was normally pinned up in a long, straight ponytail was now wavy and flowed freely onto her shoulders with large curls at the very ends of it with a bejeweled hair clip on the right side of her face keeping her bangs out the way. She looked totally different for how I remembered her looking.

"Y-Yes.", I say in a quiet voice, while staring at the picture in complete awe. "This is a picture of Lady Levane when she was only sixteen years old.", Rowland explains looking at the image with a fond expression on his face. "You, my dear. Are the spitting image of Lady Levane. You could even pass for her, if it weren't for your hair and eye color.", Rowland says chuckling slightly. "But the real proof of your ties to Lady Levane is this.", Rachel, who had been oddly quiet this whole time, walks up to us and hands Rowland something. On closer inspection, I noticed it to be my necklace, now fixed.

"This necklace is a precious Lyon family heirloom, given to the female members of the family, once they've come of age. It's been in the family for generations, passed down from mother to daughter.", I looked at the necklace in shock. I had always wondered where mom had gotten such an expensive looking thing. As a 'commoner', she should not have been able to afford such a luxury item that was made for nobles exclusively. "As interesting as that is, how does that prove i'm of the same blood as Duke Lyon?" "That's the amazing part! You see, my dear. This necklace is also enchanted.", That definitely took me by surprise. "Enchanted?" "Yes. You see only those of blood relation to the wearer can don this necklace. Meaning only those of the Lyon family can wear it. In addition, if anyone tries to steal it, they'll immediately feel an intense burning pain" "But wait, if that's the case, then how was someone able to take my necklace without having any pain inflicted on them?", Violet was clearly fine when she managed to rip my necklace off my neck the other day. "Hmm...My only guess is that since you were given it at such a young age, you have yet to develop the magic energy needed to activate the necklace's defense power.", I guess that makes sense. I have no magical ability, so if it requires the wearer to have some sort of magic affinity to activate it, of course a non-magic user couldn't use it.