☄︎ 1. andy arrives at narnia

i

i. andy arrives at narnia and a hat yells at her

AS IF PHASING through a wall hadn't been enough of a shock, the inside of the train that would take her to Hogwarts was kind of driving her crazy

AS IF PHASING through a wall hadn't been enough of a shock, the inside of the train that would take her to Hogwarts was kind of driving her crazy. In a good way.

 It was finally the first of September, the day she had been waiting for the whole summer, and when Professor McGonagall had turned up in her home and gotten her to Europe through a chimney —a chimney!—, Andy had found herself to be at a loss for words.

 Which was not common.

 London's King Cross station was a big place, with exactly eleven platforms, and none of those was the one that was written on the small ticket that the professor had given her. Maybe Andy didn't have too much knowledge of Europe's trains, but she could swear that platforms didn't just come in quarters.

 Still, she had trusted the professor's words, even if they made the woman sound a little crazy.

 Suicide by brick didn't sound so bad, except for the part where it would be terribly embarrassing.

 She gripped tightly her trolley, staring at the wall in front of her, and without much more thought, she ran towards it with her eyes closed. She braced for the impact that surely was to come... but never came.

 Holy. Mother. Of. Zeus. What had just happened?

 Her eyes opened slowly when she became aware of the sound of people's laughter and chatter. She almost took a step back, before reminding herself that others would enter from where she had, and stepped aside. Was this what mortals felt like when they winded up inside Camp Half-blood on accident?

 It was nuts. One second, she was surrounded by people carrying suitcases and wearing jeans and t-shirts and normal clothes, and the next she was in the middle of a mass of people wearing tunics and robes!

 Di immortals, had she gone through Narnia's wardrobe?

 A whoosh sound startled her and she was grateful that she had moved to the side, given that the source of the noise was a big family going through the same wall.