☄︎ 3. flying lessons and christmas times

iii

iii. flying lessons and Christmas times

 THREE MONTHS INTO Hogwarts, Andromeda could easily say it was the adventure of her life, even taking into account Camp Half-Blood's small quests

 THREE MONTHS INTO Hogwarts, Andromeda could easily say it was the adventure of her life, even taking into account Camp Half-Blood's small quests. The castle was a tapestry of enchantment, woven with history and mystery, providing her with a new adventure every day. Her days at Camp Half-Blood had prepared her for quests and challenges, but navigating the halls of Hogwarts brought a different kind of excitement.

 Much to professor Snape's chagrin, she was a genius in potions. No matter how much he tried to hate her, it seemed he was slowly realizing just how talented she had turned out to be. That didn't stop him from deducting points from Hufflepuff whenever she slightly raised her voice, but at least she'd stopped being the subject of intense interrogations about her knowledge during class.

 The Hufflepuff common room, typically warm and inviting, had taken on an even cozier atmosphere with the arrival of the holiday season. Bellamy and Andy had staked out a prime spot by the crackling fireplace, their laughter and banter dancing in the air like the embers.

 "Oliver told me that he'll get the sweets this weekend," Bellamy was assuring her.

 Older students got the privilege of spending some weekends in the little village close to the school. From what she'd heard, Hogsmeade was the only entirely magical village left in Scotland, which was sad.

 Christmas was drawing near, so when Andy was told that there was a village nearby where you could buy magical sweets, she immediately knew she wanted to gift her cousin Percy some. Bellamy's persuasive skills had convinced her brother, Oliver, to make the trip to Hogsmeade and procure goodies, and he'd extended the gesture to his sister's friends, which was nice of him.

 Amidst the chatter, Bellamy turned her attention to Cedric, "Hey, Ced, what class do we have next?"

 Andy watched as he assumed a thoughtful expression, his hand resting on his chin in concentration. "Hm, good question," he mused.

 "Think any harder and smoke will come out of your ears," she said, looking between both her friends extremely confused. "You know we have Flying class, you haven't shut up about it the whole week."