ch. 5

SUNDAYS WERE THE BEST

     for shiyumi, because those were the days that she could actually dress up as a girl and wear all the skirts and dresses before she outgrows them.

but according to her mother, she fears that shiyumi won't ever outgrow them.

hence why shiyumi was now out on the streets in a loose baby pink dress with puffy sleeves, loitering around with yachi.

"y-yumi, aren't you worried that the others might see you like this?", yachi asked, skimming around the crowd of people every second or so.

"nahhh!! they're probably all practicing volleyball or something. and plus, even if they do, I'll just tell them that I'm shōyō's sickly twin and that's why they don't see me at school", shiyumi explained.

"or even better, I'll just hide from them", the girl shrugged, entering a clothing store, as she started marveling at the sundress with cherries patterned all over it.

"yeah, that's true. what are the odds, rig—"

"huh? yachi, is that you?!", a voice suddenly called out, to which the blonde girl had squealed, as she hastily pushed shiyumi out of the way without a second thought.

shiyumi nearly fell if it weren't for her good reflexes.

"o-oh! TAKEDA-sensei and coach UKAI! a-and KIYOKO-senpai!! what are you three doing here?", yachi nervously laughed, emphasizing on their names so that shiyumi could clearly hear.

     "we're actually here to order the team some customized jackets, but don't tell any of them", ukai whispered, to which yachi had nodded

"kiyoko-san's got all the sizes written down, so we asked her to come along. and it's actually perfect that you're here, because originally we were going to wait to ask for your size once we got back on monday", takeda explained.

"indeed! you and kiyoko can get to know each other better since you're gonna be the new manager", ukai added on.

"only if you don't mind. we hope we didn't interrupt anything", shimizu smiled.