Chapter 12

Adrien returned Marinette's phone at the end of the day. Marinette felt guilty as she wished she could take back what she said to him. When school ended she watched Adrien heading to his car. Although she knows she would see him tomorrow, it felt now she was going to lose him forever.

"Marinette," Luka interrupted her thoughts as she watched Adrien his vehicle.

"Luka, what are you doing here?" Marinette asked as she saw him in front of the school.

"Well I got your message," Luka waved his phone, "I was very confused by it."

"What did you say? I sent you...WHAT?" Marinette's eyes widened in shock and confusion.

"You don't know what I'm talking about?" Luka asked as he now more confuses than when he came.

Marinette's jaws dropped as she stuttered, "No, I just got it. My phone was in my locker."

Luka looked at her in disbelief, "Hmm, so I guess someone texted this on your behalf." He handed her the phone for her to read the text messages that were sent from her phone.

Though, the message made her mad she was really mesmerized by the amount of effort put in creating it. She read the verses of poetry and wondered if she would even be able to think of such advanced level of romantic banter in the first place. Marinette stopped admiring it for a moment and shook her head, "This wasn't me! Why would I be writing you a romantic text you, when I like uh you know."

"Yeah, I know that's why I came," Luka folded his arms, clearly vexed, "Did anyone else had your phone? Like Alya?"

"No, she wasn't here today," Marinette's eyes shot up at the name, "Adrien..."

Luka groaned, "Adrien? Why did he have your phone?"

Marinette sighed and continued, "I left it when I ran out on him. He returned it back to me but I didn't think anything of it."

"So why did he send this to me when you two...?" Luka asked still confused.

"Because I told him I was in love with you. It came out!" Marinette blurted as she started to walk down the street.

Luka took a step ahead of her to stop her from walking, "Why did you tell him that?"

Marinette sighed as she looked up at him, "I was scared..."

"Of what?" Luka still didn't understand.

"He told me again about his feelings towards me, I thought I was ready to tell him but I rejected him. I don't know why he's right that it weird for us to be together but..."

"You can't hurt each other like this," Luka tried to persuade.

"And it's too late," Marinette shook her head, "Now he won't talk to me, insult me, look at me, or acknowledge me."

"Because he thinks you're now in love with me," Luka wants to reassure her.

"But how do I talk to him. At school we're supposed to hate each other and well he's playing super model after school," Marinette sighed because what she wants to tell him she can't text him for.