First Day of school

I woke up in the morning wondering how my new school would be. I got out of bed and walk over to my closest to pick my outfit. I picked out a grey t-shirt and some jean shorts. I walked to the bathroom to get changed and washed. As soon as i got out the shower I dried myself off and put my clothes on. I decided to leave my hair in its natural waves, I don't wear make up a lot but i was going to today. I walked towards Kayla's door and knocked.

"COME IN " she yelled. I walked over to her make up bag and held up the the eyeliner. Kayla nodded.

" Is it Hayes or that boy from last night." she said and stopped painting her nails. Kayla saw me with Shawn last night. Kayla isn't going to let this go ugh.

" No one i just wanted to wear make up" I said. Kayla gave me a ' sure' look and went back to painting her nails. It is not fair he school starts tomorrow. I walked out her room and went down stairs were my shoes were and saw my grandparents.

"Good morning sweetheart" My grandparents said at the same time. I kissed both of them on the cheek and sat down to eat . I had just finished eating when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID it was Hayes.

"Hey Hayes" i said and walked towards the door to but on my shoes.

"Hey Mikayla . I wanted to know if you wanted to walk wit me and Shawn to school?" I heard Shawn in the back round asking about me. Aww how cute is he, my crush on Hayes was slowly going away because of Shawn.

"Yea sure meet me outside" I said and opened the door to see they were already waiting. Shawn and Hayes both smiled at me. I walked over to Hayes and hugged him then I hugged Shawn.

"Okay guys lets get to school, we would hate to be late on our first day." i smiled at them. Hayes walked on my right and Shawn walked on my left. We talked about dumb stuff and laughed the whole time on the way there. When we arrived Shawn had to leave but said he would she us at lunch. I walked into the school with Hayes, we were still laughing and joking. When Jenna walked up to Hayes and hugged him and then looked a me.

" Hey Mikayla I thought you left." Jenna said with a confused face. My smiled faded and i started to think about my parents again. But Hayes spoke up for me quickly.

" Her..um...She... something happened so now she is staying with her grandparents." Hayes said. I had to remember to thank Hayes later for that . The bell had rang and everyone started rushing to their class.

"Mikayla what is your first class" Hayes asked me. I took the little paper from my bag and looked at it.

" Ugh! Math" I said a little bit mad i hated math although I was good at it, Hayes smiled .

"Turn the frown upside down because you are in a class with me " Hayes said and did jazz hands. Jenna and I both laughed at Hayes.

"Come on we have to go" I said and Jenna and Hayes nodded. We walked to the math class and Jenna went to social studies. I walked over and took a seat next to Hayes. Most of the kids were chatting and this one boy was staring at me. I don't know why so I just took out my phone. MY phone flashed and the screen read new text from Shawn Mendes.

ShawnM:Meet with me at lunch.

Me: Okay bye.

"Hey Mikayla " Hayes smiled

"Hey Hayes " i giggled. Hayes just looked at me he didn't say anything he just looked at me.

" You're beautiful you know that." Hayes said to me . I started to blush and tucked a strain of hair from behind my ears. The moment was quickly ruined when the teacher yelled.

"OK everyone my name is Mr.Joel and i will be your teacher for this year. I know that i look boring but i am not don't judge a book by it's cover. Today we will just have a little lesson to make sure you aren't dumb." Mr.Joel turned around and started writing on the broad. The rest of the classes were the same thing almost every school did on the first day. It was lunch time now. I walked in the cafeteria and saw Shawn right away i smiled to myself and walked over towards the table.

"Hey Shawn" I said and took my bag off. He looked up from eating his muffin and smiled.

"Hey Mikayla." He said and took another bite out of his muffin.

" Hey guys " a voice said. I turned around to see Hayes and Jenna walking towards us.

"Hey Mikayla you should tryout for Cheerleading with me ." Jenna said taking out her lunch . Hayes started to laugh.

"What's so funny Mr.Grier " I said.

" Its just you have no rhythm what so ever. " He said while laughing.

"I believe you can do it" Shawn said and took a hold of my hand. Hayes stopped laughing when he saw our hands and frowned. Hayes quickly covered it up when he through a muffin at Shawn.

"Just eat your muffins Okay" Hayes said I giggled because Shawn really ate the muffin. We finished eating our lunch and then the bell rang. Shawn walked me to my next class.

"Hey Mikayla they are having a back to school game with the football team next week and i wanted to know if you would go with me?" He asked me

"Yeah sure. I have to go anyway because Hayes is playing in it. But now i will be going with SHAWN MENDES." i said and Shawn chuckled. After school i me up with Shawn and Hayes and we walked home . I stayed at Hayes house and did my homework until my grandma called me home for dinner.

"So Mikayla how was school today ? " My grandmother asked me

"It was great. I am trying out for cheerleading with a friend"

"Oh well that's good " My grandpa said. After that I finish eating and went upstairs. Hayes and Shawn had text me a goodnight and I replied with a sleepy emoji and a kiss face. I haven't been this sleepy in a while this is what going to school feels like. Tomorrow will be the much better i guess.