045

Jisoo rolled her eyes and turned off her phone, looking in front of the view again. Her grip of the wine glass tightened and she closed her eyes to slow down her breathing. She is so annoyed with everything that is going on in her life now.

She hates that she cannot do anything when her father forced her to attend the party. Jisoo likes to be independent, she doesn't want to be controlled because somehow, all her life, she felt like someone owns it. And now that she can stand up for herself, she swore to not let anyone run her life again.

But look, here she is, dressed up for a party she didn't want to go to. She still can't control her life fully.

She heaved a deep sigh and opened her eyes. She sipped on her wine.

Well, at least she can go home any minute from now. Just a little more patience. Just a little more.

However, her silent reverie was interrupted with a familiar baritone voice she hated

"Jisoo..." that voice— of course, there's only one man. Jisoo looked at who arrived.

Suho.

"What the hell are you doing here? I told you to stop following me already, why are you still bothering me?! You just don't understand that I don't want you?" she said

"What the hell are you doing here? I told you to stop following me already, why are you still bothering me?! You just don't understand that I don't want you?" she said. Her brows furrowed and she almost broke the wine glass as she continued gripping it in anger.

"We have something to talk about," he said. His hands are clasped behind his back. Suho's eyes mirrored a slight hint of irritation as he took a step forward.

Jisoo's eyebrow automatically raised and she sarcastically laughed in absurdity, "No, we're done. And you know what? We don't even have something to begin with!"

Suho balled his fist and his face turned red with anger. Then, he suddenly raised his voice, "Stop saying that! You're the only one who called the marriage off!"

"And you're the only one who wanted that marriage!" she quickly answered, breathing heavily.

"Your father is the one who discussed that marriage with me so you don't tell me that! It's him who wanted that setup in the first place!" he said and took another step forward.

Jisoo slightly moved backwards but behind her is the railings already, "Yeah? Well then, go away and marry my father! Aren't you two the ones deciding for that stupid marriage?" she retorted with her glares getting sharper.

Suho shook his head, looking the other way and laughed a little as if he found what she said like a big joke, "Your company is still standing because I've helped your father. That's the payment he offered me," he continued and faced her again.

"Okay and so? I have no interest in that damn business, anyway!" she said.

His face went darker, "Huh, so what about your career, then?" he said, getting closer and closer.

Jisoo started feeling a little scared of him since she kind of knows what Suho is capable of doing when he is mad but of course, she didn't show that.

"My career is my problem alone," she said in a low voice.

"I can help you with that, babe," he said and smirked.

Suho lifted his hand and lightly held her hair, smelling it a little. "I can clear your issue, I can get you your name and status back," he continued.

His eyes looked down at her and met her frightened gazes. He keeps on moving his face closer while Jisoo avoids his advances.

"Let go of me you prick! Leave me alone!" she said and pushed his chest. She was about to leave but just after a step, he hastily grabbed her arm and pulled her forcefully to face him.

"I'm still not done talking to you so you are not going anywhere," he spit with conviction, his hold getting tighter to the point that it's slowly hurting her wrist.

And that's when she started feeling the same fear she felt before.

"What the fuck?! You're crazy!" she tried to take his hand off but he is stronger than her

She felt her tears but she held it back. No. She's not crying in front of this jerk, "Damn! I said let go!" Jisoo yelled and slapped him hard.

Suho's eyes flickered with deep rage and turned his head to her violently, "You brat!" he shouted and raised his hand, about to hit her and Jisoo instinctively closed her eyes but then, a familiar voice interrupted them.

"The lady clearly said to fuck off."

She opened her eyes and saw someone's back facing her, holding Suho's arm mid-air. The man twisted Suho's arm and pushed him away with great force, Suho almost tumbled to the ground.

"So that means you get the fucking hell off her," he then added.

Jisoo stared at the man in front of him now.

Taehyung.