107

Jisoo's eyes widened by the sight of him. She wasn't expecting him to suddenly appear behind her door. Suddenly, she was back to her senses. Panicking, she attempted to slam the door on his face but his hand swiftly stopped her move. He leaned his arm on the door frame and looked down to her height.

"We need to talk," Taehyung stated firmly while eyeing her.

"I don't want to talk to you anymore," she spitefully told him, faking her real emotions. Her eyes glared at him but it cannot hide the tears she is controlling not to shed.

He clicked his tongue and balled his fists, "I'm not asking if you want to or not. We are going to talk," he answered and pushed the door open.

Taehyung stepped forward so she did her best to move away from him. He shut the door with a thud and locked it quickly.

"What do you want from me, you piece of shit?!" she yelled. Jisoo heaved a deep sigh, trying to calm her nerves and still trying to not cry.

"You liar! Cheater!" she continued while hitting him on the chest continuously, her nails digging on her palm.

Taehyung caught her arms and held it in place, gritting on his teeth. When he moved his face closer, she got a clear vision of how his dark orbs are now reflecting anger and frustration.

"Do you really think I can do that?!" his voice slightly raised too.

Jisoo gulped and stared back at him. She wanted to tell him that she will believe whatever he will say. Even his lies, even the bitter truth. She wanted to tell him that he mattered so much to the point where she could throw all her doubts away and blindly stay with him. She wanted to tell him that she doesn't care anymore— of what is happening right now because she wanted to keep him so bad.

But she stopped herself.

No. Jisoo decided to not let her guard down that easily. She cannot afford to just offer her heart back to him in an instant, with the risk of it breaking again.

It took her a lot to trust him. It took her a lot to give him a chance. It took her a lot to open her heart. And now that it all went downhill, all her fears and doubts resurrected stronger.

She knew the attempt of handing her heart to him is like drinking poison willingly and hoping it doesn't kill her.

For loving someone is falling in love but doesn't everything that falls gets broken?

But deep inside, something in her is willing to listen to him. For just as strong as her fears and doubts, is the hope and feelings she has for him.

So because her lips cannot utter the words, she just wished that he could read it all by the reflection of her teary eyes.

"Won't you?" Jisoo whispered.

Taehyung stared at her.

They say the one who constantly gives will soon end up running out of something to offer.