The bruises

The girl laid in her bed quietly, listening to the sounds, it was 2am and she couldn't get any sleep. Her mum wouldn't be back until 8am so she tried to stay quiet. Her eyes struggled to stay open as she begged for this all to be a dream. She woke up with a start. "Had I really fallen asleep again?" She said in shock. She looked around waiting for her vision to come back. She had been asleep only an hour but it felt like much more. She wished the time would fly by but every second got slower and slower. She sat up and looked down, purple marks covered her body. She was bruised, black and blue. She touched one in confusions and whimpered. She found out no room was safe as long as she was alone or asleep. She didn't feel safe going downstairs because of the almost broken stairs but she wanted to stay by the door for an emergency exit and / or escape. She resulted in putting most of her weight on the ramp and wall to make sure none collapsed beneath her feet. The creaky floorboards freaked the girl out as she flinched at nearly every noise she heard now. Luckily the whispers didn't follow her downstairs but the bruises still hurt her deeply. She didn't know what to do so she just sat down on the sofa again. She tried to relax and calm down but all she could think about was the pain she had endured and was experiencing. It's like whatever possessed this house was torturing her. Slowly and painfully killing her. It felt like there was no escape but she couldn't leave. She didn't know the area and there wasn't a police station for miles. Even if there was, they wouldn't believe her, she wasn't even a proper adult yet. A sharp pain went through one mark to another repeatedly. She adapted to the pain eventually but it was still agony. She still heard the sounds but chose to ignore them as the pain with the eerie noises of the unknown spirit would be unbearable. She begged for her mum to return but she knew it was hopeless. The bruises wouldn't get better anytime soon and time wasn't on her side.