Love

Love.

After hearing this word, I know what came to your mind. Different things for different people. But the concept of love is just so overrated and so generalized. Love is not only what you think it is. I am 14 and maybe, writing about love is as strange for me as it sounds to you.

A lover, someone you want to spend the rest of your life with and receive the love back.

But love isn't just about a lover. You don't find love at a specific age. What if I told you, you had a lover since the day you were born? Exactly.

It's not only a past/present/future partner you fell/fall/will fall in love with.

Love is just another word. You fall in love with people and things each day of your life. How normal that is, yet love is referred to as a heck of a deal. And by every day, I mean you fall in love with your parents, your siblings, your grandparents, you fall in love with how your friends support you, how adorable things your little cousins do. How beautiful the weather seems to you, and how calmly the night sky looks at you. You fall in love with the smell of earth after rain, or the peace you feel when you sit by the seashore or, maybe how that exquisite field of flowers brightens up your day.

The way we think about love is so right and so wrong. The overrated side of love has taken over, making the perception of love seem very cliché and leaving even the normal side of it underrated, when both hold the same significance.

Love is always there in one way or the other. You don't feel it just like sometimes you don't feel the presence of wind, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. It is.

All these sides of love are as equal as if they were sides of a square.

So technically, yes, I have been in love at 14 and it isn't weird. I have been in love with my parents, how they take care of me when I get sick, how they pray for me each day to live the best life, and how they treat me with so much affection. I love how my brother has helped me do all my assignments, and in fact, did some for me. How he brings me snacks even when I didn't ask for it, how he likes to irritate me just to see me explode at him and how he keeps on giving me weird nicknames. I love how supportive my friends are and how utterly sweet my grandma is. How beautiful the sky after rain is and how gorgeous sun rises are. In the end, love is always there, but we must look around attentively to find it.

Love doesn't have only one perspective; love doesn't have only one side.

Love is an illusion. Each angle, you see something different, something great, something worth falling for.