Alva

Riley forced her eyes open. Everything was dark. She reached up with her hand and felt her face. She had no blindfold on. Had she lost her vision?

"You've finally awoken?" Came an airy voice. Riley didn't stir. A chuckle followed the question.

"Come now, Riley-pet, it's not nice to be so cold to our guest."

"Guest?" Riley asked. She felt a small breeze over her face. The air carried Alva's scent.

"Oh dear, you can't see, can you?" Alva mused. Riley felt her face contort into a sneer and Alva laughed.

"What's wrong with her? The Dark Lord won't want damaged goods." The voice from earlier snarled. Riley now realized the voice was female.

"Worry not, Bella," Alva chuckled,"She'll have her sight back as soon as I'm finished tearing down her final defenses." A chill spread through Riley's body. She tried to get up but found that her ankles had been shackled to the surface she was laying on. Alva's cold hand grabbed her free wrist and forced it to the table and shackled it as well. Riley struggled against her restraints, the rattling of chains filling the room.

"Desi—" A gag was shoved in to Riley's mouth.

"We can't be having that, Riley-pet. No wand-less magic from you, little lady." Alva whispered, his breath on Riley's ear. She screamed into the cloth pulling against the chains, but to no avail. Alva stood back, admiring his handy work.

"What are you waiting for? I don't like to keep the Dark Lord waiting!" Hissed the woman again. Alva turned and looked at her.

"Well, He's going to have to wait. She's become independent from me. However," He grinned, his eyes sparkling with a certain maleficence, "I'll just destroy her mind again."

Alva turned away from the curly-haired woman and looked to the fighting Riley. The corners of his lips raised up into a wicked smile. He reached forward, placing his fingers on her temples. Riley's eyes widened and she fought even harder, the cuffs biting into her skin and drawing blood.

"That's it," Alva breathed, "Fight it. That will only make it so much more painful." He closed his eyes for a second. He snapped his eyes open and pressed his fingers against her skin.

"Vesania!" He hissed. Riley's back arched off the table and her scream pierced the air and chilled the blood of the woman in the room. The woman laughed as Riley screamed out.

~X~

Stephanie pulled her wand out from her purse. She created a tent and went inside. She came out a few minutes later in a coat, long-sleeved shirt and skinny jeans. Her boots were fuzzy and were sure to keep her warm. She had a tray with three steaming mugs.

"It's freezing out here," She said as she handed one of the mugs to Harry, "Why don't you guys go inside and get changed?" There was no response from either of them as she placed the other mug next to where Draco was sitting. She sighed.

"Sitting out here and feeling sorry for ourselves isn't going to get us any closer to helping Riley." She mumbled. Harry looked up at Stephanie.

"But what are we supposed to do? We don't know what or who we're up against. We don't even know his name!"

"Alva," Draco growled. Harry and Stephanie looked at him. He glanced up at them then back down as he picked up the mug, "His name is Alva. Riley said it before they started to dance."

"Well, there's a start, I suppose." Harry grumbled, bringing the mug up to his face. Stephanie frowned.

"Alva?" She repeated. Draco nodded.