CHAPTER 29

29 – Payong ako.

"May problema ba?"

"None, dad." I have!

"Then, it's settle. You'll be the one to accompany him to the site tomorrow."

"Yes, dad." Ayoko!

"Alright, then... I'll send the contract on your assistant, and please, don't forget to bring that tomorrow. I'm hoping you would make him sign that contract. It doesn't mean we already closed the deal with him as a sure buyer, he will continue to pay the balance. And the contract that will be signed tomorrow is the one we needed to fully confirm the transaction."

"I know you can do this, anak."

Gusto kong sabihin sa kanya na hindi ko kaya ang trabahong 'to. Na hindi pwede dahil ex ko 'yon. Pero alam ko rin naman na magugulat siya kung bakit may ex ako, ang alam lang niya noon eh may tatlong kaibigan akong baliw.

I faked a smile and ended the call.

Kakasimula pa lang ng araw ko tapos ito na agad ang bubungad sa'kin. Kung pwede lang bumalik sa kahapon, ginawa ko na.

Tinawagan ko kanina si Fenech matapos ang usapan namin ni Dahryl, pinamadali ko siyang pinapunta dito. Kung hindi dahil sa katangahan niya, hindi ko sana makikita 'yong malaking insekto na 'yun. I turned around her as I ended the call with daddy.

"And who told you to let him in?!" I yelled at her.

"S-siya po." Nakayuko niyang saad.

"And is he your boss? Pinapasweldo ka ba niya?" Irita kong saad habang nakapameywang siyang tiningnan.

Lumingon ito sa'kin, "Eh sabi niya po kasi magkakilala daw kayo."

"What?!" The audacity of him to say that. Does he really think that we're still friends?

"Sorry na po maam, 'di na po mauulit." She vowed.

I sighed. I should fire her again this time but I have an idea for tomorrow, and she's part of it. "Next time, ask for my permission before you let him in." She gave me a curious look, did I spilled the tea?

"Before you let others in." I cleared.

Muntik na ako dun.

"Regardless of that, you need to come with me tomorrow." I proposed.