The Fountain of Lenwë

Taur-nu-Fui or known by the common tongue as Mirkwood lay in the eastern parts of Rhovanion, protected by a small enchanted river that cast slumber and forgetfulness to anyone who fell into it. It was home to Tauriel, the kingdom of King Thranduil, and the woodlands elves of Woodland Realm. It used to be called Greenwood the Great until the foul and sinister power of the Dark Lord Sauron fell upon it, causing the forest to be shrouded in sickness, and animals and trees lay waste. Years passed and the shadow never lift, creatures of the dark grew in numbers and power and the once vast kingdom of the Woodland elves shrank deeper into the forest, closing their borders and keeping to themselves, unable to roam freely under the starlight like they once did.

The eagle seemed to know just where exactly to drop our unlikely trio and descended just one small path of polished rocks away from the Fountain of Lenwë, hidden behind a gate of thick, crawling vines. 

"Ni 'lassui En, Mellon Nin " Tauriel thanked the eagle and pulled out a peculiar stone from a pouch on her side and lay it in front of the eagle's claw. A token of friendship. An aid in needy times. From the side, Thranduil gave a small courteous bow. 

Tauriel carried the lifeless form of Kíli gently and walked quickly towards the Fountain of Lenwë with Thranduil striding quietly next to her. 

The thick vines in front of the Fountain of Lenwë were unmoving and brown with age. Tauriel, as with all of her kin were not unfamiliar with The Fountain of Lenwë but none had ever seen it in person except for The King and his bloodline as the vine gates only open for those heir to the throne. The Woodland Elves sings of its healing wonders and the greatness of their ancestor who had once cast ancient Elven spells on the moist soil seeping with water from the Fountain of Lenwë, growing the rarest medicinal herbs sought by the entire Middle-Earth, even in the finest Elvish medicine.  

Edro " Thranduil raised his hand quietly over an especially thick piece of vine that curiously had small white flowers growing in bunches. Before he even completes the word, a series of Elvish words carved into the vine appeared in faint silver light.  

" I can only see you this far Tauriel " Thranduil solemnly speaks, his cold demeanor affixed and non-changing. 

" Guren glassui my Lord, I am forever in your debt" Tauriel bowed deeply. Her gratitude was apparent. Despite their differences, Thranduil had accepted this whole ordeal with exceptional grace. 

" Na lû e-govaned vîn Tauriel"  Before Tauriel could look at Thranduil one last time, he has turned and left, leaving only a faint familiar scent of moonlight and aged wood. Tauriel understood that although she was banished from the Woodland Realm by Thranduil's own words, behind his farewell they will meet again. Where or when she did not know, but the Woodland Realm no longer seem entirely unwelcoming. 

" Let's go Kíli " Tauriel bends over and gently stroke Kíli's face once more as she slowly enters the vine gates of the Fountain of Lenwë, together.