Chapter 2: Moving Day

(still 3 days ago flashback)

"Guuuuyyyyysssss, this is why I said we have to label all the boxes! I can't find the toilet paper, I need it!!!," Mun-hee complains.

"Here, I remember putting it at the bottom of our shower items," You say pointing to the open box.

She gives you an eyeroll before finding the toilet paper where you said it would be.

"Thanks."

"Girls! At least try to get along. I don't know what's wrong with you to, ever since you were young you've been on each others throats for no reason." Your mother scolds the two of you.

Eujoon and Hyejin both try to conceal their laughs behind their hands. 

"Ya! What's funny?" Your mother says and the two stop quickly and mutter sorrys. They look back at each other and start laughing again and quickly go to hide in one of the rooms.

You guys just moved back to your old apartment after 12 years of living in Kenya. 

"I bought some pastries," your mother says in a singy songy voice as you four storm back to the kitchen.

"But they aren't for you." 

All of you groan as you start to go away but your eomma's voice stops you,

"I was talking with some of our neighbors and one of them said they have a son that's going to the same school as you guys. I told them you'd pass by later and bought these as a gift for them so hurry along and go. They are one floor up and two doors right from the stair's angle."

"Ok, me and MUN-HEE will go," this calls your other sister back into the kitchen and you two walk out the front door and follow the directions.

"Ok, she said two doors right...," she asks.

"Ya," you say and ring the doorbell but quickly hand her the pastries and stand behind her. Before she can start talking a tall teenager opens the door.

He calls his mother over and she lets them in.

You are now sitting on the gray couch on the furthest corner to the right. Mun-hee is on your left, his sister on her left, and the brother on the farthest right place on the couch.

To break the silence you decide to say,

"W-we bought you s-some pastries." Your voice turns out shaky to your surprise. 

The youngest of the siblings opens it and takes one. The mother signals the brother to do the same to be polite.

"Han-seojun, I heard these two will be in the same class as you make sure to take care of them." the mother says. He replies with a nod.

"Um, we have to continue unpacking. Bye and thank you." Your sister says as you two stand up form the couch. 

"Come visit anytime, they're just a bit shy I'm sure once you get to know them they won't be anymore. Well good luck."

The sister talks for the first time wishing you a good rest of the day. Before you leave the mother gives you a small piece of paper and whispers to read it later.

~

*You two are now walking to your apartment*

"They seem nice."

"Hmm," you respond. 

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"You stutteringgggg," she teases and jabs your side.

"W-what it was nothing I swear!"

"He was kind of a cutieee," she says testing you. You cross your arms and mutter a 'ya'.

"Well someone has a crush," she says finally arriving at your door.

"I don't!" you deny.

***

The rest of the day is spent unpacking everything and cleaning the dust in the new place.

At dinner you have Andong-jjimdak (korean braised chicken) and a Kenyan dish called samosa. (samosa came from India btw but Kenyans eat it also)

*End of flashback*

A/N: sry for such a late update I'm trying to get back into the swing of things check out my other books as you wait for another upload!