Chapter 19 The Moments in Between

Next morning Michelle was pleasantly surprised to wake up in Brook's arms, her back against his chest, his lips pressed against her hair

Next morning Michelle was pleasantly surprised to wake up in Brook's arms, her back against his chest, his lips pressed against her hair. This is easy to get used to, she thought. She stroked his hand which lay against her stomach.

"Awake already?" he asked.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, I was awake."

"Do you want to get up?" she asked. He silently kissed her cheek from behind.

"Nope." He said, sounding smug. A loud knock on the door startled them.

"If you guys don't come down in five there won't be any breakfast for you!" Paige yelled through the door. Brook groaned.

"I have to find a more private place for us." Michelle felt her heart leap at the mention of 'us'.

"I don't know, last night was pretty private to me." she teased.

"Please. I had to control myself so you wouldn't scream and alert everyone to the fact that you were with me." Michelle turned around to face him.

"Then why did you sneak me to your bedroom?" she asked with a mock frown.

"I didn't sneak you in. I brought you in. And there was no better place for you to sleep. There are only enough rooms here for each of us and Paige is not the sharing kind."

"Leslie might have shared her room with me," Michelle said tracing circles on his t-shirt. He caught her hand and stopped her.

"You're distracting me. And sure Leslie might have shared her room with you – but then I wouldn't have had you all to myself." Michelle blushed and turned away remembering his kisses.

"So that's why you made me eat the Oreos – to keep me awake. I should be careful around you. Come on, I don't want Paige to carry out her threat. Let's go get breakfast." Michelle said, kicking back the covers. Brook pouted but followed her out of bed.

"Well, look at you two. You guys look like you haven't slept a wink." Jett teased as Brook and Michelle came to the kitchen.

"Not really. Actually, I overslept. I kind of missed out on sleep yesterday." Michelle said, unsuspecting that Jett was teasing her.

"Are sure you didn't miss any sleep last night?" Paige asked with raised eyebrows.

"Knock it off you two," Brook said with a glare. Reece looked up from his PSP like he hadn't been paying attention.

"Huh? What?" he asked.

"Nothing Reece, go back to your game," Leslie said. Payton came out of his room looking sour.

"Morning P! Join the party. Want some coffee?" Jett asked. Payton ignored them and made his own coffee before sitting at the end of the table.

"We got toast and scrambled eggs, so if anybody's craving meat they're gonna have to wait till lunch," Leslie said.