Chapter 35 The Plan

The relief that came from having Brook back lasted only an hour; after everyone had met back at the base and Soriano finished chewing Brook out for running away, (and hugging him while squeezing out a few man-tears) they had to get back to the sit...

The relief that came from having Brook back lasted only an hour; after everyone had met back at the base and Soriano finished chewing Brook out for running away, (and hugging him while squeezing out a few man-tears) they had to get back to the situation at hand. And this time, Michelle had a plan.

"So you want to drive into the hyena's lair so to speak, after we just escaped them?" Reece asked skeptically. "Michelle, I think seeing blood has made you delirious."

"No, absolutely not!" Brook objected. "That is not going to happen!"

"Look, this is the only way! Trust me, this will work." She said.

"I can't even begin to point out how many things can go wrong with this plan," Payton said.

"Then don't! I don't want you jinxing it. Brook, please. I need you to trust me." Michelle turned to him. He was seated on the couch watching her with piercing eyes.

"There's no way in a million years I'd agree to this Michelle." He said. "I would never let you put yourself in danger for – this."

"Yeah kiddo, it's crazy. You can't do it. And you don't know where the Koenigsegg is anyway." Leslie said.

"It's in the garage opposite the street," Paige said. Brook whirled on her.

"Paige!"

"What? I'm cool with her idea. She's the only one who bothered to think up a plan that might actually work." She said. Michelle smiled gratefully at her.

"I won't risk your life over this Michelle," Soriano said.

"Look, running away isn't going to work anymore. Jackson is desperate for the car which means he won't think of anything else if we hand it to him on a silver platter. He also wants me. I'm the only person that can get close enough to him without him suspecting anything. He'll get what he wants and fall into our trap."

"You mean he'll think he'll get them," Reece said.

"Right." Michelle corrected herself. Soriano looked tense.

"This is too dangerous. We can't guarantee what Jackson will do if things go wrong. He might kill you on the spot." He said.

"No, Michelle, I won't allow this!" Brook objected.

"It's the only way! What other choice do we have? Jackson is not gonna leave us alone unless he's caught. And the Koenigsegg is the only way of framing him. That and a hostage situation should be enough to get him arrested." Michelle said.

"Once the FBI starts investigating him thoroughly, they should find out about his past murders. That'll put him away for life." Payton said.

"Too bad we're not in texas. I hear they have a death sentence for psychotic serial killers." Paige said almost wistfully.

"I agree. Jackson needs to be sawed in two before you can call it justice." Reece said.

"But before that, we need to pump him for some answers. I don't think that stuff he was rambling on about was BS." Payton said.