Chapter 2 | Run

Mukuro P.O.V.

I've been caught. Mondo yells something at me, but just I gotta move. Now. Luckily, I'm trained for this sort of situation.

I quickly dash down the halls and take a sharp turn away from the dorms. I take a second to catch my breath, and then notice that Mondo is still not far behind.

The only route I can think of that he can't follow me with, is one where I run past the infirmary, and quickly have Junko allow me to go up the stairs.

I hurry along to discover the infirmary has been opened. Oh no. Junko said she wouldn't open it yet! I don't have time to think about it right now, though. Mondo is suprisingly fast.

I run across at just the right speed to discover Sayaka and Makoto inside. Makoto perks his head up, but all I can do now is pray that he didn't see me.

The gates near the stairs are open for just a split second, but it's enough for me to slip through. I get to the top floor, and walk over to an opened door. It quickly shuts behind me after I'm inside.

I see Junko, surround by her camera monitors, who turns around in her chair to face me.

Mukuro: "So... what's wrong Junko?"

Junko: "Everything sucks."

Mukuro: "But isn't that what you want?"

Junko: "Not like this!"

Mukuro: "I'm not following."

Junko: "I can't get interested or excited about the despair here anymore for some reason. It fucking sucks!"

I contemplate my response for a second.

Mukuro: "Junko... don't get me wrong but... are you sure you still want this...?"

Junko: "What the hell is that supposed to mean?!"

Mukuro: "I mean, we don't have to do this. Do you really want to lose our classmates...?"

Junko: "Of course not! That's a part of why I did it, dumbass! I hate this! But at least it isn't boring like everything else! You! Me! Everything! So goddamn boring!"

Mukuro: "Junko, I-"

Junko: "But actually... you do make sense. Maybe that's why I opened the infirmary for Sayaka and Makoto... because I didn't want-"

She stops for a second, seemingly suprised at herself. But she quickly reverts back to her usual expression afterwards.

Junko: "Screw it! Just get out, you fucking idiot! I don't know why the hell I thought talking to you was a good idea!"

I look down at the floor.

Mukuro: "But... maybe you should still-"

Junko: "Just. Get. Out."

There's no point in trying any further. She just built a wall around herself. She always does this.

I leave, and quickly hurry back to my dorm. I see Makoto and Sayaka still in the infirmary, with Mondo standing nearby. He must not know there are multiple routes of getting around here. If there weren't, I would have ran right into him.

I get inside my room, lock the door, and lie down on my bed. My head is still filling with thoughts. Junko doesn't want this anymore, but she won't admit it. I wish I could help her. I wish she would let me help her.

I slowly drift back to sleep.

Makoto P.O.V.

After about an hour or so, I think I'm done with Sayaka's wrist. It's not completely fixed, but it should heal over time. I actually think I did an okay job, seeing as I'm not a medical professional or anything.

I look up, to see Sayaka asleep. This isn't good! There's a rule against-

*beep beep*

Huh? My monopad's been updated...?

ʀᴜʟᴇ 3: "sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴏʀᴍɪᴛᴏʀʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴀs sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴄʟᴀss ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴜɴɪsʜᴇᴅ ᴀᴄᴄᴏʀᴅɪɴɢʟʏ." ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʀᴇᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ.

First the infirmary and now this...? It's getting too convienient. What does the mastermind want?

But I guess it's alright. Besides, I'm getting tired too. And I can't leave Sayaka here alone.

𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛...

Sayaka P.O.V.

I wake up to...

Monokuma: Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!

I yawn, and turn myself over.

Sayaka: "Makoto...?"

He's asleep, with his arms wrapped around me. He wakes up, and an embarrassed blush shows on his face.

Makoto: "Ah! I'm so sorry! You were just really scared in your sleep last night... I wanted to comfort you. I swear I didn't mean anything bad!"

I laugh a little at his overreaction.

Sayaka: "It's alright, really. I know you have good intentions. Besides... it felt nice..."

Now I was the one beginning to blush. There was silence between us for a few seconds.

Makoto: "A-anyways... how's your wrist?"

Sayaka: "It still hurts... but less. Thank you, Makoto. I truly am lucky to have someone as great as you around..."

Makoto: "I-I'm really not as good as you make me out to be..."

Sayaka: "Nope! You are!"

Unlike me...

I lied to and betrayed Makoto. I tried to take a life. And just let all of the blame be pushed onto Leon. If Makoto found out, would he ever forgive me...?

No. He wouldn't.

I can't let him know. I really don't want to keep lying... but what else could I do...? I don't want him to hate me...

Makoto: "So, uh, you ready to head down to the meeting at the dining hall?"

Sayaka: "Oh... yeah, sure..."

Makoto: "Hey... you sure you're okay...?"

Sayaka: "Of course."

Everything is fine now...

...right?