Chapter 6

Maybelle's POV
"I just don't know how he feels, and that frightens me." I said to Demi. I was scratching at some paint that was chipping off my headboard while I talked to her on the phone. I heard her sigh. "You have to trust me here. Please give it a try." She pushed. "I am terrified.." I worried. "Listen to me, either you jump or fall here. You have a chance to choose your fate, so which is it gonna be?" She replied. There was a moment of silence. "Yes, I love harry. But what if he doesn't love me?", I asked myself, looking into the mirror blankly. "May?" Demi said quietly. Her voice held a worried tone. "I'm gonna go," I nearly whispered. "Okay." She replied. "to his house, right now." I continued. I could almost hear her smiling. "Good."
-❁-
I slowly approached the steps to Harry's house. I didn't want to think, so I just counted the steps I took. 16 steps up the sidewalk from my car. 9 steps to the front door. I rang the doorbell, and my stomach sank. I wouldn't let my nerves get the best of me. I wouldn't. I wiggled my toes in my shoes to keep myself calm. His mum answered the door. "Oh, hello Maybelle. Would you like to come inside, darling?" She greeted cheerily. "No, thank you, I-I want to talk to Harry, please." I looked down at my feet. "Alright," she nodded. "Harold!" She called upstairs. I watched his tall frame jog down the steps and to the door. "Hello love." He kissed my cheek. "Can we sit outside please?" We met eyes for a short moment. He stepped out and closed the door behind him. We sat down on the steps, neither of us said anything for a moment. "Harry," I spoke up. He looked up at me, his innocent grass-green eyes were glassed over with worry. "I need to ask you something." I fumbled with a ring on my finger. "What is it, love?" He questioned. "What are we?" I asked hesitantly. "What do you mean?" His eyebrows furrowed. "I mean," I began with a shaky voice, then took a deep breath. "Are we gonna be together or what?" I blurted. He looked at the ground. There was a short moment of silence. "That's what I thought." Tears were starting to well up in my eyes, but I held them in as best as I could. I stood up to leave, when he grabbed my arm, bringing me to a stop. "May, wait." He said quietly, almost inaudibly.
"Why?" I snapped. "You don't want me. I'm just your toy, aren't I? I'm there whenever you need a place to rest your arm." I tried pulling away, but his grip was too tight. "No, I don't want you." He said hastily. His face was twisted with hurt, as was mine. "Maybelle, I need you." He said quietly. I winced. "Let go of my arm. You're hurting me." I demanded quietly. He let go. He looked like he'd just shattered inside. "I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm so sorry." He seemed to stop functioning completely. "I left you last time, all alone, and you still want me back?" He stood still. I froze for a moment. I then slowly nodded. "I'm stupid, remember?" I said with a hint of a smile. He wiped the tear from my cheek and gingerly kissed my nose. "You are a very smart girl, who makes bad decisions, for a bad boy." He placed another kiss on my lips. I smiled "I love you." I whispered. "I love you too." He replied with a smirk. His large hand grasped mine carefully and led me inside.
"Mum, Maybelle and I are dating." He smiled. She lit up, seeming totally over joyed. She wrapped us both in a hug. "I'm so glad. I am beyond happy, kids."
Once she let go, she winked at me. Why?

-Author's note-
Yooooo. I know I haven't written in a long time, but life is crazy. Please be patient with me! :(
I love all you, please keep reading!