Chapter 2

Maybelle's POV

Demi was sitting on my bed, scrolling through tumblr on her phone. I was fussing over which outfit to wear to the party. "Just wear the black one, it's cute." She said, glancing up from her phone. "You think so? Does it look okay with my hair straightened?" I worried. "It looks fine. But seriously we need to go soon." She stood up and smoothed her dress. I put on a cut off shirt and leggings. "Edgy." She commented. "Thanks." I laughed. I got a text message.

Coming tonight love?

-Yep, be there soon (:

-❁-

We walked up to a large house. There were people everywhere. I went inside and looked around. I'd never been to a party like this. "C'mon." Demi led me to the kitchen. There were countless bottles of alcohol sitting on the counters. She handed me a cup of something clear. I looked down. "Oh, it's just water" I thought. I drank it down (I then noticed it wasn't water). "Demi, what is this?" I asked frantically. "It's just vodka, don't worry." She assured. "I-" she turned away and continued talking to some guy with lip piercings. I returned to the kitchen and filled up my cup again. "If I'm gonna drink, I might as well do it hard", I thought.

I walked into the next room and looked around. All I wanted was to see Harry. To talk to him. I saw the pink-haired girl from lunch across the room, and she was motioning at me. I went over to her. "Hi newbie! What are you doing here?" She slurred. "To be honest, I don't know. Demi brought me." I shrugged. "You're looking for Harry, aren't you?" Her boyfriend asked. That was the first time I heard him speak. He seemed quiet. "Y-yeah." I looked around again. "By the way, I'm Amanda." She smiled. "And this is Rick." She motioned to her taller boyfriend. "Nice to meet you two. Have you seen Harry?" I was still looking around the room. She motioned to the corner of the room. Harry was surrounded by girls. My stomach twisted. I thought he wanted me here. Amanda stood up and whistled. "Harry!" She shouted. He peered around his barrier of girls. Amanda pointed at me. He broke through the girls and started over. I shook my head and went back to the kitchen to get another drink.

"Hey, you wanna do shots?" A random guy was talking to me. "Huh? I can't hear you." I brushed my hair behind my ear. "Wanna do shots?" He spoke up. "Sure." I shrugged. "I'm Mason." He shook my hand. "I'm-" he shook his head, so I stopped talking. "I know, you're Maybelle. Everybody's talking about you." He poured us shots. "Oh my god, really? What are they saying?" I worried. "Hey, calm down. It's all good things." He smiled, and handed me my glass. "Okay, thanks." I looked down at the drink. It looked different from the vodka I had earlier. "To you." He held up his shot glass. "And to you." I held up mine. We clinked our glasses, and just as I brought mine to my lips, Harry came over and took it from me.

"What are you doing? Why are you dumping that?" I snapped. "Ecstasy." He dumped it on the floor. His jaw clenched and his eyes sharpened at Mason. Harry started towards him. Another guy came over and stepped between them. "Woah, woah. I'm sorry about my friend. I'll get him out of here." He mediated. "Who are you?" I asked. "I'm Dylan, and again I'm really sorry about my friend." He apologized. "Mason, come on, we're leaving." He dragged his friend away, but Mason kept glancing back at me. Harry turned to me. I looked down at the floor. He held my chin. "Are you okay? Did he touch you?" He growled. "I'm fine, thanks." I fluttered my eyelashes.

He pulled me into a hug. "Stick with me from now on, okay?" He spoke into my ear. "Yeah, okay." I agreed. Yeah I'd just being another one of his fools, but at least I wouldn't be drugged. We were standing in the corner, when Demi came over. She was pretty drunk already. She had an extra drink in her hand. "Here, have another." She handed it to me, spilling a little on herself. "Thanks." I replied dully. I chugged it down, to get it over with. "Come dance with me." She grabbed my arm and took me over to the table. We got on top of it and danced along to the loud music. I lost myself for a moment, looking at all the sweaty bodies crowded in the room.

-❁-

I looked over at Harry, who was talking to a few girls. "I just wanna be with my friends for awhile, thanks." I barely heard him. I smiled a little. Then, he leaned in and kissed some girl's cheek. My organs felt as if they dropped into my feet. My breath hitched. The table fell over. I was on the floor, covered in alcohol. Then, Demi puked all over herself. Lovely.

Harry's POV

The table tipped over, and I saw Maybelle laying on the floor. Was she laughing? No, she was crying. She rolled over and propped herself up on her elbows. I hurried over to help her up. She pulled her arm away from my grip once she was standing. "No, I don't need help. I'm totally-" she stopped talking and began bawling. She fell into my arms. "I hate everything." She sobbed. She punched my chest. I took her fragile body over to the stairs and had her sit down. "Why are you still here?" She sniffled. "Maybelle, listen to me, you're drunk. I'm gonna get you home." I spoke slowly to her. "No, no, I'm fine really. Really." She nodded. Makeup was running down her face. "I'm gonna drive you home." I looked her right in the eyes. Shit, no, I couldn't. I walked here. "Actually, I'll walk you home, okay? Just wait here while I get my jacket." I hurried off to find my jacket, somewhere across the room.

-❁-

After a few rushed conversations, and finally finding my jacket, I got back to the stairs. She was up against the wall, with some guy leaning in and talking to her. He was rubbing her arm and holding her hand. I felt anger washing over me. "Oh, I have to go now." She said, glaring at me. "Make sure you call me." He grinned at her. She nodded and smiled in return. She stumbled down the stairs and I took her hand. "Why were you talking to him?" I asked abruptly. She looked at me, seeming upset. "Why were you kissing her?" She sassed. Her eyes narrowed at me. "Why are you acting like you're my big brother or something? Just back off." She shouted. "No." I kept dragging her through the crowd. "You know what, I'm not letting you take me home." She broke away from my grip.

"Fine." I said under my breath, before picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder. "Put me down, you man-whore!" She yelled. My mind stopped for a moment, but my legs didn't. She struggled, but I was not letting her down. "No, you need to go home." I scolded. She began squirming and saying things I couldn't even understand, so I just ignored her from then on. Eventually, she calmed down. So, I let her down to walk beside me for awhile. After a block or so, she passed out, so I carried her home bridal style. I looked at her peaceful face. She was so beautiful, whether she was asleep, crying, or shit-faced drunk.

(Author's Note!)

Hiya guys! I was listening to Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart while I wrote this... <3 Shorter chapter, but you know, it's like two or three a.m. I don't even know what time it is, but I'm off to bed now. Goodnight and please vote/comment! More chapters tomorrow! :)